Overall: 1-11-2 (0-5-0 PL); Last Week: 0-2-0
Scoreboard: New Hampshire 2, Holy Cross 1, Durham, N.H., 10/18
Lehigh 4, Holy Cross 1, Worcester, Mass., 10/22
Schedule: Tuesday, Oct. 25 vs. Brown, Worcester, Mass., 7:00 p.m.
Saturday, Oct. 29 at Navy, Annapolis, Md., 7:00 p.m.
- This week, the Holy Cross men's soccer team wraps up its non-conference schedule on Tuesday at home against Brown and then travels to play a night game at Patriot League opponent Navy on Saturday, Oct. 29. Tuesday's contest begins at 7:00 p.m. at the Linda Johnson Smith Soccer Stadium while Saturday night's bout starts at 7:00 p.m. at the Glenn Warner Soccer Facility in Annapolis, Md.
- The Crusaders and Bears have met just four times in program history. Brown has won each of those contests. Holy Cross lost to the Bears, 2-0, last season and served as head coach Ted Priestly's first career match-up with Brown.
- Brown currently holds a 7-4-2 record after tying Ivy League opponent Cornell this past weekend. They are 2-0-1 in their last three contests and are 2-2-2 when playing on the road. They are led offensively by TJ Popolizio, who has a team-high eight goals on the season.
- The Crusaders and Mids have met 22 times in program history. Holy Cross leads the series, 13-7-2 and is 4-1 in the past four meetings. The Crusaders earned a 1-0 overtime victory the last time the two teams played at the Linda Johnson Smith Soccer Stadium, held back in 2009. Holy Cross has outscored Navy 12-4 in the last five match-ups.
- Navy is in the midst of a three-game homestand as they host Howard on Tuesday before hosting the Crusaders. They own a 5-7-3 record overall and are 2-2-1 in the Patriot League after knocking off unbeaten American this past weekend. David Jackson leads the squad offensively this season with five goals and one assist.
- Junior Pat McCann (Rockville Centre, N.Y.) recorded his second goal of the season this past weekend against Lehigh. McCann has upped his offensive production over the past three games, leading the team in shots taken and in points. He now has three goals in his career and ranks second on the team this season in goals scored (2) and points (5).