Overall Record: 0-3 (0-0 PL); Last Week: 0-2
Scoreboard: Bryant 1, Holy Cross 0, Worcester, Mass., 9/8
Central Connecticut 2, Holy Cross 1 (2OT), New Britain, Conn., 9/12
Schedule: Tuesday, Sept. 15 at Northeastern,
Boston, Mass., 2:00 p.m.
Saturday, Sept. 19 vs. Sacred Heart, Worcester, Mass., 3:00 p.m.
- On Tuesday, Sept. 15 Holy Cross will play a mid-afternoon game against in-state opponent Northeastern. The game will be held at Parsons Field in Boston, Mass. beginning at 2:00 p.m. The Crusaders have won the last 4 meetings against the Huskies, dating back to the 2005 season. Last year, Holy Cross won 3-2 at home. Junior team captain Kyle Miller (Woodbury, N.J.) scored the team's first goal of the game.
- Holy Cross will then play in its second home game of the season against Sacred Heart on Saturday, Sept. 19. Since 2005, Holy Cross and Sacred Heart have each won two games, making the series tied at 2-2. The Crusaders escaped with a 1-0 road victory last year when junior Matt Beckley (Congers, N.Y.) scored in the 80th minute. Looking to repeat history this Saturday, Beckley's 2008 goal against Sacred Heart was his first on the season.
- Holy Cross scored its first goal of the season on Saturday, Sept. 12 against Central Connecticut. Sophomore Tony Rosales (Aurora, Colo.) broke the dry-spell for the Crusaders, marking his first goal in a Holy Cross uniform. His goal also came from his only shot taken this season.
- To date, Holy Cross has one goal with 33 total shots made. Opponents have scored four goals against the Crusaders with 44 shots made. Junior Jon Werth (University Park, Md.) leads the team with 13 shots, second-most in the Patriot League.
- The last time Holy Cross started a season 0-3 was in 2003. It took the Crusaders eight games before they earned their first victory against Patriot League opponent American. The team went on to rank third in the Patriot League standings and made it to the semifinals.