Oct. 8, 2005
Oxford, Conn. - Despite the rain and wind on Saturday, the Holy Cross men's and women's rowing teams finished strong at the Head of the Housatonic. The race was hosted by the New Haven Rowing Club. Five different Crusader teams participated in the race, all finishing in the top eight spots.
The Crusader women's A team took eighth place in the Division I women's eight competition in a time of 16:15.186. Following right behind in ninth place was the women's B team in 16:22.095. Both times were under two minutes off the leader, Yale University.
For the men in the open eight competition, the A boat was able to take fourth place overall in 13:34.194, just 32 seconds off the leader, Yale University. Rounding out the day for the Crusaders was the B and C boats which took seventh and eighth place overall.
The Holy Cross men and women will continue competition next Saturday, Oct. 15 at the New Hampshire Championship Regatta in Pembroke, N.H.
Mens Open 8+ (IRA) final 1 Results
1. Yale University Boat Club A (B. Rower) - 13:02.997
2. Yale University Mens Crew A (M. Smith) - 13:03.866
3. Yale University Boat Club B (B. Rower) - 13:32.472
4. College of the Holy Cross A (A. Monte) - 13:34.194
5. U.S. Military Academy Crew A (S. Brown) - 13:36.186
6. Yale University Mens Crew B (M. Campbell) - 13:40.212
7. College of the Holy Cross B (M. Drago) - 14:21.339
8. College of the Holy Cross C (J. Minogue) - 14:32.981