Scoreboard: No team scores vs. Bucknell, Worcester, Mass., 4/23
Schedule: Saturday, April 30 at Rutgers, New Brunswick, N.J., 7:30 a.m.
- The Crusaders return to action on Saturday, April 30, when they take on Rutgers on the Raritan River in New Brunswick, N.J. Last season, also on the Raritan River, the Crusaders won two of three races over Rutgers. The varsity eight and the freshman eight were each victorious, while the second varsity eight fell to Rutgers.
- Holy Cross received votes in the USRowing Collegiate Poll (April 20). The Crusaders earned three votes in the poll which were the fourth most of teams not ranked but receiving votes.
- The Crusaders were very successful versus Bucknell as the Crusaders won three of four races. The varsity eight, the second varsity eight and the third varsity four each earned victories for the Crusaders. Senior Grant O'Connell (Cold Spring Harbor, N.Y.) was named the AT&T Crusader of the Week. He rowed in the stroke seat for the varsity eight against the Bison as the Crusaders earned the victory in a time of 6:12.8, defeating Bucknell by 0.7 seconds. O'Connell has rowed in the stroke seat for the Holy Cross varsity eight in every race so far this spring, with the Crusaders earning victories over George Washington and Gonzaga in addition to defeating Bucknell.
- The varsity eight competed versus ranked crews in the first three weeks of the season. The Crusaders took on No. 14 Dartmouth on April 2, rowed versus No. 13 Navy and No. 15 Georgetown at the George Washington Invitational on April 10 and then met No. 15 Georgetown for the second straight week on April 16.
- The Crusaders have four seniors on this year's team with Matthew Achariam (Elizabeth, N.J.), captain Pete Haney (Oreland, Pa.), Mary Carol Madigan (Kenilworth, Ill.) and O'Connell. Junior Colin Hayes (Chanhassen, Minn.) is also a captain for the Crusaders.
- Lake Quinsigamond will once again be the venue for the Eastern Sprints (May 15) as the Crusaders will compete against some of the best teams in the nation. Holy Cross will conclude the season pending qualification at the IRA National Championship (June 2-4) in Camden, N.J.