April 19, 2011
Crusaders Set To Race Bucknell
Scoreboard: No team scores vs. #15 Georgetown, Princeton, N.J., 4/16
Schedule: Saturday, April 23 vs. Bucknell, Worcester, Mass., 9:15 p.m.
- The Crusaders return to action on Saturday, April 23, for a meeting with Bucknell on Lake Quinsigamond at 9:15 a.m. Go here for the schedule. Last season, the Crusaders won the varsity eight and freshman eight races, while the Bison took the second and third varsity eight races on Lake Quinsigamond on April 18.
- Holy Cross received votes in the USRowing Collegiate Poll (April 13). The Crusaders earned six votes in the poll which were the third most of teams not ranked but receiving votes.
- The varsity eight has competed versus ranked crews in the first three weeks of the season. The Crusaders took on No. 14 Dartmouth on April 2, rowed versus No. 13 Navy and No. 15 Georgetown at the George Washington Invitational on April 10 and then met No. 15 Georgetown for the second straight week on April 16.
- The Crusaders have four seniors on this year's team with Matthew Achariam (Elizabeth, N.J.), captain Pete Haney (Oreland, Pa.), Mary Carol Madigan (Kenilworth, Ill.) and Grant O'Connell (Cold Spring Harbor, N.Y.). Junior Colin Hayes (Chanhassen, Minn.) is also a captain for the Crusaders.
- The Crusaders will hit the road to compete versus Rutgers (April 30). Lake Quinsigamond will once again be the venue for the Eastern Sprints (May 15) as the Crusaders will compete against some of the best teams in the nation. Holy Cross will conclude the season pending qualification at the IRA National Championship (June 2-4) in Camden, N.J.