Holy Cross Men's Rowing
Schedule: Saturday, April 2 vs. Dartmouth, Worcester, Mass., 12:00 p.m.
- The Holy Cross men's rowing team will start the 2011 spring season on Saturday, April 2, when it takes on Dartmouth on Lake Quinsigamond. Go here for the schedule.
- Last season the Crusaders also began the season versus the Big Green on Lake Quinsigamond. The Big Green swept all four races. The freshman eight race was very close as the Big Green finished with a time of 6:41.15 and the Crusaders recorded a time of 6:43.55.
- The Crusaders competed in five regattas during the fall season. The season featured the varsity eight finishing first out of 20 boats at the Snake Regatta.
- The Crusaders will compete at the George Washington Invitational (April 9-10) and then take on Georgetown (April 16). Holy Cross will return to Lake Quinsigamond for a match up with Bucknell (April 23) and then hit the road to compete versus Rutgers (April 30). Lake Quinsigamond will once again be the venue for the Eastern Sprints (May 15) as the Crusaders will compete against some of the best teams in the nation. Holy Cross will conclude the season pending qualification at the IRA National Championship (June 2-4) in Camden, N.J.
- The Crusaders went on a winter training trip to Cocoa Beach, Fla. Holy Cross then went on a spring training trip to Gainesville, Ga. The Crusaders use these trips to prepare for the spring season.