October 6, 2009
Men's Rowing Opens Fall Season Hosting The Snake Regatta
Schedule: Saturday, Oct. 10, Snake Regatta on Lake Quinsigamond, Worcester, Mass., 8:00 a.m.
- The Holy Cross men's rowing team kicks off its fall season with the Snake Regatta on Saturday, Oct. 10, on Lake Quinsigamond in Worcester, Mass. The races are scheduled to start at 8:00 a.m.
- Seniors Dan McGlinn (Ambler, Pa.) and D.J. Estes (Falmouth, Mass.) have been tabbed by head coach Todd Pearson as the 2009-2010 captains. McGlinn has been a member of the varsity eight the last two seasons and rowed for the team at the Eastern Sprints and IRA National Championship Regatta in California last season. Estes spent time on both the second varsity eight and the varsity eight last season, and rowed with the second varsity eight boat that finished 16th at the Eastern Sprints last season.
- Sophomores Peter Dwyer (Keene, N.Y.) and Tom Gallant (Scotia, N.Y.) are coming off exceptional summers in which they both participated in the 2009 U.S. National Team Freshman Camp. Dwyer took part in the camp in Philadelphia, Pa., while Gallant headed to Oakland, Calif. The camp is for freshmen athletes with elite-level potential who have only one or two years of rowing experience. Both were members of the freshmen eight last season.
- The team has four meets in four weeks this fall. After the Snake Regatta, the squad will participate in the 45th Head of the Charles in Boston, Mass., on Oct. 17-18. Holy Cross will then take part in Princeton Chase Regatt in Princeton, N.J. (Oct. 25), before concluding at the Green Monster Regatta in Hanover, N.H. (Nov. 7).
- 2009-2010 marks the third consecutive year that Holy Cross will open its season on Lake Quinsigamond.