Men's Lacrosse To Play Sacred Heart & Colgate
Holy Cross Men's Lacrosse
Overall: 3-8 (1-5 Patriot League) Last Week: 1-0
Scoreboard: Holy Cross 10, Lafayette 5, Worcester, Mass., 4/5 Box Score Recap
Schedule: Tuesday, April 8, vs. Sacred Heart, Worcester, Mass., 7:00 p.m. Live stats Video
Saturday, April 12, at Colgate, Hamilton, N.Y., 1:00 p.m. Live stats Video
- The Holy Cross men's lacrosse team will return to action on Tuesday, April 8, when it plays Sacred Heart at Holy Cross Field at 7:00 p.m. The Pioneers are 3-7 and 2-1 in the Northeast Conference. The Crusaders defeated the Pioneers last season by an 11-9 score on March 2.
- On Saturday, April 12, the Crusaders will play at Colgate at 1:00 p.m. The Raiders are 7-4 overall and 3-3 in the Patriot League. Last year, the Crusaders fell to Colgate, 14-6, on March 9.
- Freshman Kevin Lux (Manlius, N.Y.) was named the Patriot League Rookie of the Week. He tallied his first collegiate hat-trick and posted a season-best four points as the Crusaders defeated Lafayette. He also scored his team-best second game-winner of the season. Lux has 13 goals and six assists for 19 points.
- Sophomore goalie Michael Ortlieb (Newport Beach, Calif.) was named the Crusader of the Week. He was outstanding in net as he made 13 saves and allowed five goals for a .722 save percentage as the Crusaders defeated Lafayette, 10-5. He has started in all 11 games this season and has made 93 saves.
- Junior captain Terry McKenna (Summit, N.J.) leads the team with 22 goals and 28 points. He is ranked fourth in the Patriot League and 60th nationally with 2.00 goals per game. McKenna's 2.55 points per game are tied for ninth in the Patriot League.
- Freshman Ben Williams (Prior Lake, Minn.) leads the team with 64 ground balls as his 5.82 ground balls per game are fifth in the Patriot League and 28th nationally. His .530 faceoff percentage is 34th nationally.