Holy Cross Men's Lacrosse
Overall: 0-1 (0-0 Patriot League) Last Week: 0-1
Schedule: Saturday, Feb. 22, vs. #9 Loyola, Worcester, Mass., 1:00 p.m.
- The Holy Cross men's lacrosse team will return to action on Saturday, Feb. 22, when it hosts new Patriot League opponent No. 9 Loyola (Md.). The game will be the Greyhounds' first ever Patriot League contest in men's lacrosse. Loyola is the highest ranked team that the Crusaders have hosted since playing No. 6 Navy in Worcester on March 27, 2005. The Greyhounds, who play Towson on Wednesday, Feb. 19, are 1-1 this season with a 14-13 overtime loss at No. 7 Virginia and a 12-11 overtime win at No. 9 Penn State. Loyola won the 2012 NCAA championship. The game can be viewed on the Patriot League Network.
- Sophomore Sean Wilkinson (Ridgefield, Conn.) was named the Patriot League Men's Lacrosse Offensive Player of the Week for his six-point performance in the 15-13 season-opening loss at No. 19 St. John's on Feb. 16. This was Wilkinson's first career Patriot League weekly award. He posted four goals and two assists for six points versus the Red Storm. He also tied for second on the team with four ground balls. He tallied three goals and one assist in the fourth quarter as the Crusaders outscored the Red Storm by a 7-3 margin in the quarter. As a freshman Wilkinson scored one goal in nine games played.
- Freshman Marc Buermann (West Caldwell, N.J.) scored two goals during his collegiate debut in the game at No. 19 St. John's. The two goals and two points were the most by a freshman in the Crusaders' first game of the season since James Kennedy scored three goals and tallied one assist for four points versus St. John's on Feb. 20, 2010. The last Crusader freshman before Buermann to post a goal in the first game of the year was junior captain Terry McKenna (Summit, N.J.) at St. John's on Feb. 18, 2012.
- Freshman Kevin Lux (Manlius, N.Y.) posted his first collegiate point with an assist in the game at St. John's. He also posted one ground ball and one caused turnovers.
- McKenna tallied three goals versus St. John's. He now has four career hat-tricks. He has 33 goals and eight assists for 41 career points.
- Get all the latest news and results on the Holy Cross men's lacrosse team sent directly to your e-mail. To sign up for e-mail alerts go here: http://www.goholycross.com/list-signup.