Holy Cross Men's Lacrosse
Overall: 0-0 (0-0 Patriot League) Last Week: 0-0
Schedule: Saturday, Feb. 15, at #19 St. John's, Queens, N.Y., 1:00 p.m.
- The Holy Cross men's lacrosse team will start the season on Saturday, Feb. 15, when it plays at No. 19 St. John's at 1:00 p.m. This will be the seventh straight year that the Crusaders have opened the season against the Red Storm as Holy Cross is 1-5 in those previous six contests. Last season, St. John's went 9-4 (3-3 Big East).
- Last season, Holy Cross lost in Worcester to the Red Storm by an 11-9 score on Feb. 16, 2013. Two years ago the Crusaders fell at St. John's by a 17-7 score on Feb. 18, 2012, while in 2011, the Crusaders lost 16-7 to the Red Storm in Worcester. In 2010, the Crusaders lost to the Red Storm on the road by a 9-8 score, while in 2009 at the Hart Turf Field, the Crusaders lost by a score of 10-5 on Feb. 14. In 2008 Holy Cross defeated St. John's, 7-5, on Feb. 16 in Queens.
- Seniors Kyle Kadlick (West Roxbury, Mass.), Matt Smith (North Bethesda, Md.), Ryan Troy (Summit, N.J.) and junior Terry McKenna (Summit, N.J.) will lead the Crusaders in 2014 as captains. McKenna has been named to the 2014 Men's Lacrosse Preseason All-Patriot League team.
- Last year, the Crusaders posted their most wins since the 1988 season with a 7-8 record as head coach Jim Morrissey was named the Patriot League Coach of the Year. The Crusaders' 131 goals scored were their most since netting 138 in 1994. Holy Cross went 2-4 in the Patriot League, marking the first time in program history that the Crusaders had won two Patriot League games.
- The Crusaders return 35 letterwinners and six starters. Also this year 16 freshmen have joined the program.