Holy Cross Men's Lacrosse
Overall: 6-5 (2-3 Patriot League) Last Week: 1-0
Scoreboard: Holy Cross 11, Lafayette 10, Easton, Pa., 4/6
Schedule: Tuesday, April 9, at Bryant, Smithfield, R.I., 7:00 p.m.
Saturday, April 13, vs. Providence, Worcester, Mass., 6:00 p.m.
- The Holy Cross men's lacrosse team will return to action on Tuesday, April 9, when it travels to Smithfield, R.I., to take on Bryant (3-8, 2-0 NEC) at 7:00 p.m. Go here to watch the game: http://necfrontrow.com/schools.php?title=BRY. The Crusaders will then play a home game at Holy Cross Field versus Providence (7-5 overall, 1-3 Big East) on Saturday, April 13 at 6:00 p.m. Go here to watch the game: http://client.stretchinternet.com/client/holycross.portal#. Last season the Crusaders fell to Bryant, 17-3, while they defeated Providence, 11-8.
- The Crusaders' 6-5 record is their best after the first 11 games of a season since 1988 when they were also 6-5. The six wins are the most for a season since the team finished with a 6-8 record in 2007. Also this is the first season in program history that the Crusaders have won two Patriot League games as the team also defeated Navy on March 17.
- Senior captain James Kennedy (Summit, N.J.) was named the Patriot League Offensive Player of the Week for the second time in his career. Kennedy tallied four goals and two assists for six points, as he scored his team-best third game-winning goal of the season with the score tied at 10-10 with 52 seconds left in the fourth quarter in the victory versus Lafayette on April 6. Kennedy also posted four ground balls and two caused turnovers. He now has five career game-winning goals, while he has three hat-tricks this season and 11 for his career. So far this season, Kennedy has recorded 15 goals and a team-best 14 assists for a team-leading 29 points. His 1.27 assists per game are fourth in the Patriot League and his three game-winning goals are second. Kennedy has recorded 79 goals throughout his career and 53 career assists for 132 career points. He has the most career goals, assists and points of any current Crusader.
- Sophomore Clay Haarmann (Mendham, N.J.) leads the team with 21 goals, while he is second on the team with 26 points. As a freshman, he tallied 11 goals and five assists for 16 points. He has three hat-tricks so far this season and four for his career. His 1.91 goals per game are 10th in the Patriot League.
- Senior Matt Ward (Massapequa, N.Y.) leads the team with 32 ground balls and 22 caused turnovers. His 2.0 caused turnovers per game are ranked 17th in the nation. For his career he has 125 ground balls and 62 caused turnovers. His 125 career ground balls are 10th all-time on the program's career list.
- Senior captain John Hannan (Manhasset, N.Y.) has 19 goals and two assists for 21 points this season. For his career he has 78 goals and nine assists for 87 points.