Men's Lacrosse Concludes 2012 Season
Holy Cross Men's Lacrosse
Overall: 5-10 (0-6 Patriot League) Last Week: 0-1
Scoreboard: Dartmouth 12, Holy Cross 6, Hanover, N.H., 5/1
Schedule: Season is complete.
- The Holy Cross men's lacrosse team concluded the 2012 season 5-10 overall (0-6 Patriot League). HC is third in the Patriot League with a .510 face-off percentage. The Crusaders are fourth in the Patriot League with 28.33 ground balls per game. This season, the Crusaders picked up 425 ground balls which were the most since they earned 519 in the 2002 season.
- Junior captain James Kennedy (Summit, N.J.) has 103 career points. He has 64 career goals and 39 assists. Kennedy led the team this season with a career-best 19 assists and a career-best 42 points. He was second with a career-best 23 goals. He is eighth in the Patriot League with 2.80 points per game and also ranked eighth with 1.27 assists per game. Kennedy is ranked 63rd nationally in points per game and 52nd in assists per game. He was named the Division I Nike National Player of the Week by insidelacrosse.com for his eight-point performance in the 15-14 overtime victory over Hartford on Feb. 25 as he was the first Crusader to ever win this award. Kennedy was also named to the Tewaaraton Award Watch List. The award annually honors the top male and female college lacrosse player in the nation. This was the first time a Holy Cross men's lacrosse player had been on the watch list.
- Junior John Hannan (Manhasset, N.Y.) led the team with a career-best 27 goals and was second with 27 points. His 1.80 goals per game are eighth in the Patriot League and 66th nationally. For his career, he has 59 goals and seven assists for 66 points.
- Senior captain A.J. Guarente (Gaithersburg, Md.) led the team with a career-best 59 ground balls which rank ninth all-time for a single-season at the school. His 3.93 ground balls per game are 45th in the country. Guarente's .515 face-off percentage is third in the league and 30th nationally. He posted 117 ground balls for his career and played in 57 games.
- Junior Matt Ward (Massapequa, N.Y.) led the team with a career-best 20 caused turnovers. He averaged 1.33 caused turnovers per game which are ranked 40th nationally. Sophomore goalie Kenny O'Connor (Latham, N.Y.) is ranked fourth in the Patriot League and 30th nationally with 9.08 saves per game.