May 1, 2012
Crusaders To Conclude Season Versus Dartmouth On May 1
Holy Cross Men's Lacrosse
Overall: 5-9 (0-6 Patriot League) Last Week: 0-0
Schedule: Tuesday, May 1 at Dartmouth, Hanover, N.H., 4:00 p.m.
- The Holy Cross men's lacrosse team returns to action on Tuesday, May 1, when it travels to Hanover, N.H., to play Dartmouth at Scully-Fahey Field at 4:00p.m. The contest is the last game of the season for the Crusaders. Dartmouth is 4-9 overall (1-5 Ivy). Holy Cross beat the Big Green 13-8 in 2010 but was defeated 16-7 last season. The Crusaders are 1-27 all-time against Dartmouth.
- HC is third in the Patriot League with a .495 face-off percentage. The Crusaders are fourth in the Patriot League with 27.93 ground balls per game.
- Junior captain James Kennedy (Summit, N.J.) has 100 career points. He has 63 career goals and 37 assists. Kennedy leads the team this season with a career-best 17 assists and a career-best 39 points. He is second with a career-best 22 goals. He is ninth in the Patriot League with 2.79 points per game and also ranked eighth with 1.21 assists per game. Kennedy is ranked 65th nationally in points per game and 63rd in assists per game.
- Junior John Hannan (Manhasset, N.Y.) leads the team with a career-best 25 goals and is second with 25 points. His 1.79 goals per game are eighth in the Patriot League and 69th nationally. For his career, he has 57 goals and seven assists for 64 points.
- Senior captain A.J. Guarente (Gaithersburg, Md.) leads the team with a career-best 55 ground balls. His 3.93 ground balls per game are 48th in the country. Guarente's .511 face-off percentage is third in the league and 36th nationally. He has 113 ground balls for his career and has played in 56 games.
- Junior Matt Ward (Massapequa, N.Y.) is averaging 1.14 caused turnovers per game which are ranked 69th nationally. Sophomore goalie Kenny O'Connor (Latham, N.Y.) is ranked fourth in the Patriot League and 31st nationally with 9.08 saves per game.