April 17, 2012
Crusaders To Play At Army On April 21
Holy Cross Men's Lacrosse
Overall: 5-8 (0-5 Patriot League) Last Week: 1-1
Scoreboard: #19 Bryant 17, Holy Cross 3, Worcester, Mass., 4/10
Holy Cross 11, Providence 8, Providence, R.I., 4/14
Schedule: Saturday, April 21 at Army, West Point, N.Y., 12:00 p.m.
- The Holy Cross men's lacrosse team returns to action on Saturday, April 21, when it travels to West Point, N.Y., to play Patriot League opponent Army at Michie Stadium at noon. The contest is the last Patriot League game for the Crusaders this season. The Black Knights are 6-6 overall (3-2 PL) and have a clinched a bid to the Patriot League Tournament. The Crusaders are 0-21 all-time versus the Black Knights.
- The Crusaders are third in the Patriot League with 28.85 ground balls per game. HC is also third with a .515 face-off percentage.
- Junior captain James Kennedy (Summit, N.J.) has 99 career points with 62 goals and 37 assists. He leads the team this season with a career-best 17 assists and a career-best 38 points. He is second with 21 goals. He is seventh in the Patriot League with 2.92 points per game, while he is 10th with 1.62 goals per contest and seventh with 1.31 assists per game. Kennedy is ranked 51st nationally in points per game and 48th in assists per game.
- Junior John Hannan (Manhasset, N.Y.) leads the team with a career-best 23 goals and is second with 23 points. His 1.77 goals per game are ninth in the Patriot League. For his career, he has 55 goals and seven assists for 62 points.
- Senior captain A.J. Guarente (Gaithersburg, Md.) leads the team with a career-best 54 ground balls. His 4.15 ground balls per game are 43rd in the country. Guarente's .533 face-off percentage is third in the league and 29th nationally. He has 112 ground balls for his career and has played 55 games.