Holy Cross Men's Lacrosse
Overall: 4-7 (0-5 Patriot League) Last Week: 0-1
Scoreboard: Lafayette 8, Holy Cross 4, Worcester, Mass., 4/7
Schedule: Tuesday, April 10 vs. #19 Bryant, Worcester, Mass., 7:00 p.m.
Saturday, April 14 at Providence, Providence, R.I., 7:00 p.m.
- The Holy Cross men's lacrosse team returns to action on Tuesday, April 10, when it plays No. 19 Bryant at Holy Cross Field at 7:00 p.m. Go here for live coverage of the game. This will be the fourth ranked team the Crusaders have played this season as they have also met No. 15 Harvard, No. 11 Lehigh and No. 16 Bucknell. The contest is the last home game for the Crusaders this season. The Bulldogs have won eight straight games and are 9-2 overall (2-0 NEC). Bryant is ranked first nationally with a .644 face-off percentage and is also first in the country with 38.82 ground balls per game. The Crusaders are 1-2 all-time versus the Bulldogs including a 7-6 win in Worcester on April 20, 2010.
- After the Crusaders take on the Bulldogs, they will then travel to Providence, R.I., to meet Providence on Saturday, April 14, at the Friar Field Hockey & Lacrosse Complex at 7:00 p.m. The Friars are 1-9 overall (0-4 Big East). The Crusaders won the last meeting between these two teams with a 5-4 victory in Worcester on Feb. 23, 2005. The Crusaders are 16-9 all-time versus Providence.
- The Crusaders are third in the Patriot League with 29.64 ground balls per game. HC is also third with a .515 face-off percentage.
- Junior captain James Kennedy (Summit, N.J.) leads the team this season with a career-best 16 assists and a career-best 35 points. He is tied for first with 19 goals. He is tied for sixth in the Patriot League with 3.18 points per game, tied for ninth with 1.73 goals per contest and he is fifth with 1.45 assists per game. Kennedy is ranked 40th nationally in points per game and 36th in assists per game. He now has 60 goals and 36 assists for 96 points in 41 career games.
- Junior John Hannan (Manhasset, N.Y.) is tied for first on the team with 19 goals and is second with 19 points. His 1.73 goals per game are tied for ninth in the Patriot League. For his career, he has 51 goals and seven assists for 58 points.
- Sophomore Kenny O'Connor (Latham, N.Y.) ranks third in the Patriot League with 9.67 saves per game. He is 28th nationally in saves per game.
- Senior captain A.J. Guarente (Gaithersburg, Md.) leads the team with a career-best 47 ground balls. His 4.27 ground balls per game are 37th in the country. Guarente's .530 face-off percentage is third in the league and 31st nationally. He has 105 ground balls for his career and has played 53 games.