Holy Cross Men's Lacrosse
Overall: 4-5 (0-3 Patriot League) Last Week: 0-1
Scoreboard: #11 Lehigh 12, Holy Cross 3, Bethlehem, Pa., 3/24
Schedule: Saturday, March 31 vs. #16 Bucknell, Worcester, Mass., 1:00 p.m.
- The Holy Cross men's lacrosse team returns to action on Saturday, March 31, when it plays No. 16 Bucknell in Patriot League action at Holy Cross Field at 1:00 p.m. The Bison, who play No. 18 Penn State on March 27, are 6-3 overall and 2-0 in the Patriot League. Bucknell has won six straight games.
- The Crusaders' 4-5 record is their best after the first nine games of a season since also going 4-5 in 1998. The Crusaders are 1-2 at home so far this season.
- Junior captain James Kennedy (Summit, N.J.) is on a 10-game goal scoring streak which is tied for the 11th longest current streak in the nation. He has scored 21 goals during the streak which started with three goals in the last game of the 2011 season versus Marist on April 26. Kennedy leads the team this season with 18 goals, 12 assists and 30 points. He is sixth in the Patriot League with 3.33 points per game, while he is tied for seventh with 2.00 goals per contest and is eighth with 1.33 assists per game. Kennedy is ranked 34th nationally in points per game, while he is 49th in goals per game and 53rd in assists per game. He now has 59 goals and 32 assists for 91 points in 39 career games.
- Freshman Clay Haarmann (Mendham, N.J.) leads the team and is tied for first in the league with two game-winning goals. He has eight goals and three assists for 11 points this season.
- Junior John Hannan (Manhasset, N.Y.) is second on the team with 17 goals and 17 points. His 1.89 goals per game are tied for ninth in the Patriot League. For his career, he has 49 goals and seven assists for 56 points.
- Sophomore Kenny O'Connor (Latham, N.Y.) ranks second in the Patriot League with 10.29 saves per game. He is 17th nationally in saves per game.
- Senior captain A.J. Guarente (Gaithersburg, Md.) leads the team with a career-best 42 ground balls. His 4.67 ground balls per game are fifth in the league and 30th in the country. He has 100 ground balls for his career and has played 51 games.