Holy Cross Men's Lacrosse
Overall: 4-4 (0-2 Patriot League) Last Week: 1-1
Scoreboard: Holy Cross 9, Vermont 8, Worcester, Mass., 3/13
Navy 13, Holy Cross 7, Annapolis, Md., 3/17
Schedule: Saturday, March 24 at #11 Lehigh, Bethlehem, Pa., 1:00 p.m.
- The Holy Cross men's lacrosse team returns to action on Saturday, March 24, when it travels to Bethlehem, Pa., to meet No. 11 Lehigh in Patriot League action at the Ulrich Sports Complex at 1:00 p.m. The Mountain Hawks, who play at No. 17 Penn State on March 20, are 7-1 overall and 1-0 in the Patriot League. Lehigh started the season with a 1-1 record with a win versus St. Joseph's (11-4) and a loss to No. 10 Villanova (17-7). The Mountain Hawks have now won six in a row with victories versus Manhattan (13-0), No. 19 Penn (10-4), No. 4 North Carolina (9-8), VMI (6-2), No. 15 Yale (11-7) and Patriot League opponent Army (7-6).
- The Crusaders are third in the Patriot League with 30.38 ground balls per game. HC is also third with a .527 face-off percentage.
- The Crusaders' 4-4 record is their best after the first eight games of a season since also going 4-4 in 1987. The Crusaders are 2-2 on their opponent's home field this season.
- Junior captain James Kennedy (Summit, N.J.) led the team with five goals and seven points on the week, including a team-best four goals, two assists and six points in the win versus Vermont. He now has eight career hat-tricks. Kennedy leads the team this season with 17 goals, 12 assists and 29 points. He is tied for fifth in the Patriot League with 3.62 points per game, while he is tied for sixth with 1.50 assists per contest and is seventh with 2.12 goals per game. Kennedy is ranked 26th nationally in points per game, while he is 32nd in assists per game and 49th in goals per game. He now has 58 goals and 32 assists for 90 points in 38 career games.
- Freshman Clay Haarmann (Mendham, N.J.) scored four goals on the week and a season-best three goals, including the game-winner, to break an 8-8 tie with just 30 seconds left in the win versus Vermont. He leads the team and is tied for first in the league with two game-winning goals. He has eight goals and three assists for 11 points this season.
- Junior John Hannan (Manhasset, N.Y.) is second on the team with 16 goals and 16 points. His 2.00 goals per game are tied for eighth in the Patriot League and are 51st nationally. For his career, he has 48 goals and seven assists for 55 points.
- Sophomore Kenny O'Connor (Latham, N.Y.) ranks second in the Patriot League with 10.50 saves per game. He is 17th nationally in saves per game.
- Senior captain A.J. Guarente (Gaithersburg, Md.) leads the team with a career-best 40 ground balls. His 5.00 ground balls per game are fourth in the league and 22nd in the country. He has 98 ground balls for his career and has played 50 games.