Men's Lacrosse To Play Vermont At Holy Cross Field & Navy On The Road
Holy Cross Men's Lacrosse
Overall: 3-3 (0-1 Patriot League) Last Week: 1-1
Scoreboard: Holy Cross 12, Mercer 6, Jacksonville, Fla., 3/6
Colgate 13, Holy Cross 9, Worcester, Mass., 3/10
Schedule: Tuesday, March 13 vs. Vermont, Worcester, Mass., 7:00 p.m.
Saturday, March 17 at Navy, Annapolis, Md., 1:30 p.m.
- The Holy Cross men's lacrosse team will play Vermont at Holy Cross Field on Tuesday, March 13 at 7:00 p.m., while the Crusaders will then travel to Annapolis, Md., to meet Patriot League opponent Navy on Saturday, March 17 at Navy-Marine Corps Memorial Stadium at 1:30 p.m. Vermont is 0-5 overall this season with losses to No. 19 Colgate (10-6), No. 14 Harvard (11-4), Bryant (15-8), No. 1 Virginia (16-10) and No. 17 Fairfield (14-7). Last season, the Catamounts defeated the Crusaders by a 15-5 score, while two years ago the Crusaders won 11-1 versus Vermont. Navy, who plays Towson on March 13, is 2-3 overall and 1-1 in the Patriot League. The Midshipmen defeated VMI (14-7), fell to Jacksonville (13-7), No. 4 North Carolina (9-8) and Bucknell (14-9), and defeated Lafayette (12-7). Last season, the Mids defeated the Crusaders, 8-3.
- The Crusaders are third in the Patriot League with 31.67 ground balls per game and a .494 face-off percentage. Holy Cross is fourth in the league with 10.83 goals scored per game.
- The Crusaders' 3-3 record is their best after the first six games of the season since they were also 3-3 in 2008. The Crusaders are 2-1 on the road this season.
- Junior captain James Kennedy (Summit, N.J.) leads the team this season with 10 assists and 22 points, while he is second with 12 goals. He is fourth in the Patriot League with 1.67 assists per game and 3.67 points per game, while his 2.00 goals per game are tied for seventh. He now has 53 goals and 30 assists for 83 points in 36 career games.
- Junior John Hannan (Manhasset, N.Y.) leads the team with 15 goals and his 15 points are second. His 2.50 goals per game are fifth in the Patriot League. For his career, he has 47 goals and seven assists for 54 points.
- Freshman Terry McKenna (Summit, N.J.) scored a season-best two goals in each game last week as his four goals tied for first on the team last week. This season he has six goals.
- Sophomore Jake Graham (Wilmington, Del.) scored his first two collegiate goals in the win versus Mercer. Freshman Chris Smith (Rye, N.Y.) also netted his first collegiate goal versus Mercer.
- Sophomore Kenny O'Connor (Latham, N.Y.) ranks second in the Patriot League with 10.50 saves per game. His .500 save percentage is tied for third.
- Senior captain A.J. Guarente (Gaithersburg, Md.) leads the team with a career-best 30 ground balls. His 5.00 ground balls per game are tied for fifth. He has 88 ground balls for his career and has played 48 games.