Holy Cross Men's Lacrosse
Overall: 2-2 (0-0 Patriot League) Last Week: 1-1
Scoreboard: #15 Harvard 14, Holy Cross 9, Worcester, Mass., 2/28
Holy Cross 13, Jacksonville 11, Jacksonville, Fla., 3/4
Schedule: Tuesday, March 6, vs. Mercer, Jacksonville, Fla., 1:00 p.m.
Saturday, March 10, vs. Colgate, Worcester, Mass., 12:00 p.m.
- The Holy Cross men's lacrosse team returns to action when it continues play in Jacksonville, Fla., on Tuesday, March 6 when it meets Mercer at D. B. Milne Field at 1:00 p.m. The Bears are 0-5 so far this season with losses to Ohio State (15-8), North Carolina (20-7), Bellarmine (13-5), Detroit Mercy (16-7) and Michigan (14-4). Last season, the Crusaders defeated Mercer by a 14-5 on April 16 at Holy Cross Field. The Crusaders will then start their Patriot League season when they take on Colgate on Saturday, March 10 at Holy Cross Field at noon. The Raiders, who play Hobart on March 6, are 3-1 this season with wins over Bryant (10-8) and Vermont (10-6), a loss to Dartmouth (9-6) and a victory versus Robert Morris (24-14). Last year the Crusaders fell at Colgate by a 13-3 score on March 12. The previous season, Holy Cross earned its first-ever win versus Colgate with a 9-8 victory on March 13, 2010.
- The Crusaders are ranked fourth in the Patriot League and 17th nationally with 11.0 goals scored per game. Holy Cross is third in the league with a .482 face-off percentage, while it is fourth with 32.25 ground balls per contest.
- The Crusaders' 2-2 record is their best after the first four games of the season since they were 3-1 in 2008. The Crusaders are 2-1 on the road this season.
- Junior captain James Kennedy (Summit, N.J.), who was named the Division I Nike Player of the Week by insidelacrosse.com last week, leads the team this season with six assists and 16 points, while he is second with 10 goals. His 4.00 points per game are fourth in the Patriot League and 18th nationally. Kennedy's 2.50 goals per contest are fifth in the league and ranked 30th in the country, while his 1.50 assists per game are tied for fifth in the conference and 38th nationally. He now has 51 goals and 26 assists for 77 points in 34 career games.
- Junior John Hannan (Manhasset, N.Y.) led the team with five goals on the week, including four in the win over Jacksonville. His game-winner was his first of the season and the second of his career. He also now has two hat-tricks this season and five for his career. Hannan leads the team with 11 goals. His 2.75 goals per game are fourth in the Patriot League and 21st nationally. Hannan's 2.75 points per game are tied for ninth in the league. For his career, he has 43 goals and seven assists for 50 points.
- Sophomore Kyle Kadlick (West Roxbury, Mass.) scored his first collegiate goal in the win at Jacksonville on March 4. He also has two assists this season for three points.
- Senior captain A.J. Guarente (Gaithersburg, Md.) led all players with 10 ground balls in the victory versus Jacksonville and won 13 of 26 face-offs, while he also scored one goal. He leads the team with 24 ground balls. His 6.00 ground balls per game are tied for fifth in the Patriot League and are 19th nationally.