HC To Host #15 Harvard & Play At Jacksonville
Holy Cross Men's Lacrosse
Overall: 1-1 (0-0 Patriot League) Last Week: 1-0
Scoreboard: Holy Cross 15, Hartford 14 (OT), West Hartford, Conn., 2/25
Schedule: Tuesday, Feb. 28, vs. #15 Harvard, Worcester, Mass., 4:00 p.m.
Sunday, March 4, at Jacksonville, Jacksonville, Fla., 3:30 p.m.
- The Holy Cross men's lacrosse team returns to action when it takes on No. 15 Harvard in the Crusaders' home-opener at Holy Cross Field on Tuesday, Feb. 28 at 4:00 p.m. Go here for live coverage of the game. The Crusaders will then play on Sunday, March 4, when they travel to Jacksonville, Fla., to take on Jacksonville at D. B. Milne Field at 3:30 p.m. Go here to watch the game. Harvard is 1-0 so far this season with a 11-4 win over Vermont. Jacksonville is 1-2 this season with a loss to Towson (12-10), a win versus Navy (13-7) and a loss to Duke (16-7). This will be the first-ever meeting between the Crusaders and the Dolphins.
- The Crusaders are ranked second in the Patriot League and 16th nationally with 11.0 goals per game. Holy Cross is third in the league with a .475 face-off percentage.
- Junior captain James Kennedy (Summit, N.J.) leads the conference and is seventh nationally with 3.50 goals per game, while his 5.00 points per game lead the league and are third nationally. He is sixth in the league with 1.50 assists per game. Kennedy was named the Patriot League Men's Lacrosse Offensive Player of the Week for his eight-point performance in the 15-14 overtime victory over defending America East champion and 2011 NCAA Tournament participant Hartford on Feb. 25. This is his second career Patriot League weekly honor as he was named the Rookie of the Week on March 15, 2010. He is the first Crusader to earn this honor since Paul LeBlanc won it on April 9, 2007. Kennedy scored a career-best six goals and posted two assists for a career-best eight points, including netting the game-winner in overtime in the victory versus Hartford. He leads the team this season with seven goals, three assists and 10 points. Kennedy is also third with six ground balls. He now has 48 goals and 23 assists for 71 points in 32 career games.
- Junior John Hannan (Manhasset, N.Y.) was also outstanding in the victory as he scored a career-best five goals. He is second on the team with six goals and six points. His 3.00 goals per game are tied for third in the Patriot League, while his 3.00 points per game are tied for eighth. He has 38 goals and seven assists for 45 points in 34 career games.
- Freshman Clay Haarmann (Mendham, N.J.) scored his first collegiate goal in the win versus Hartford. He also caused one turnover.
- Senior Matt Boylan (Kings Park, N.Y.) has two goals and two assists for four points this season. His 1.00 assists per game are tied for seventh in the league.
- Junior Matt Ward (Massapequa, N.Y.) leads the team with 12 ground balls. His 6.00 ground balls per game are third in the Patriot League and 18th nationally. He netted his first collegiate goal in the win versus Hartford. He has picked up 60 ground balls in his career.