Overall: 2-12 (1-5 Patriot League) Last Week: 0-1
Scoreboard: #17 Army 10, Holy Cross 7, Worcester, Mass., 4/23
Schedule: Tuesday, April 26 vs. Marist, Worcester, Mass., 7:00 p.m.
- The Crusaders will conclude the season on Tuesday, April 26, versus Marist on Holy Cross Field at 7:00 p.m. The Red Foxes are 6-6 overall (3-2 MAAC) and have won five straight games. The Red Foxes are also a perfect 3-0 in overtime contests. Marist is in third place in the MAAC standings. The Red Foxes started off the season with five straight losses as they fell to Delaware (8-7), Sacred Heart (9-8), Stony Brook (13-7), Binghamton (9-5) and Siena (12-10). After a win versus Albany (12-7), Marist fell to Canisius (7-5). The Red Foxes have then defeated VMI (13-7), Lafayette (12-11 OT), Rutgers (10-9), Jacksonville (9-8 OT) and Manhattan (8-7 OT). Last season, the Crusaders lost at Marist by an 11-8 score on March 2. The previous season, the Crusaders won by a 9-4 score on April 11, 2009. Marist is ninth nationally in caused turnovers per game with 9.67.
- Senior Douglas Broussard (Floral Park, N.Y.) led all players with six ground balls and four caused turnovers in the game versus Army. He now has 195 career ground balls. He leads the team this season with 58 ground balls and a career-best 27 caused turnovers. His 4.14 ground balls per game are fifth in the Patriot League and 43rd nationally. Also his 1.93 caused turnovers per game are ranked 13th in the country.
- Sophomore James Kennedy (Summit, N.J.) leads the team with a career-best 13 assists and a career-best 30 points, while he is second with 17 goals. His 0.93 assists per game are 10th in the league.
- Sophomore John Hannan (Manhasset, N.Y.) ranks first on the team with a career-best 21 goals and is tied for fifth with two assists. He is second on the team with a career-best 23 points.
- Sophomore Matt Ward (Massapequa, N.Y.) is second on the team with a career-best 34 ground balls this season. He is also second with a career-best 14 caused turnovers.