Crusaders To Play Vermont & Lafayette
Overall: 0-9 (0-4 Patriot League) Last Week: 0-1
Scoreboard: #18 Bucknell 10, Holy Cross 3, Lewisburg, Pa., 4/2
Schedule: Tuesday, April 5 at Vermont, Burlington, Vt., 4:00 p.m.
Saturday, April 9 at Lafayette, Easton, Pa., 6:00 p.m.
- The Crusaders return to action on Tuesday, April 5, when they travel to Burlington, Vt., to play Vermont at 4:00 p.m. Holy Cross will then travel to Easton, Pa., for a 6:00 p.m. contest on Saturday, April 9 versus Patriot League opponent Lafayette.
- Sophomore James Kennedy (Summit, N.J.) leads the team with 18 points and a career-best nine assists, while he is second with nine goals. His 1.00 assists per game are tied for ninth in the Patriot League and are 65th nationally.
- Sophomore John Hannan (Manhasset, N.Y.) ranks first on the team with a career-best 13 goals. He is second on the team with 14 points.
- Senior Douglas Broussard (Floral Park, N.Y.) leads the team with 36 ground balls. His 4.00 ground balls per game are fifth in the Patriot League and ranked 51st nationally. He now has 173 career ground balls. He also leads the team with 17 caused turnovers as his 1.89 caused turnovers per game are 16th in the country.
- The Catamounts are 4-5 overall and 0-1 in the America East Conference. Vermont has wins over Colgate (9-4), Air Force (9-6), Bryant (7-5) and St. John's (14-9), while it has losses to No. 16 Denver (11-6), No. 2 Virginia (14-6), Fairfield (9-6), Brown (12-10) and Binghamton (8-7 OT). Last season, the Crusaders defeated the Catamounts by an 11-1 score on April 6. Goalie Connor Sweeney made 15 saves off 16 shots to set a school record with a .938 save percentage and the Crusaders kept the Catamounts off the scoreboard for the first 53:28 of the game.
- The Leopards, who play Marist on April 5, are 2-7 overall and 0-3 in the Patriot League. Lafayette has victories over Binghamton (12-6) and Wagner (16-8), while it has losses to Fairfield (8-4), No. 14 Penn (7-6), Navy (15-6), Bucknell (11-8), Drexel (18-5), No. 8 Army (7-6) and Providence (8-6). Last season, the Leopards defeated the Crusaders by a 13-12 score in overtime on April 10.