Crusaders To Play On Holy Cross Field Versus Lehigh On March 26
Holy Cross Men's Lacrosse
Overall: 0-7 (0-2 Patriot League) Last Week: 0-2
Scoreboard: Harvard 10, Holy Cross 4, Cambridge, Mass., 3/15
Navy 8, Holy Cross 3, Worcester, Mass., 3/19
Schedule: Saturday, March 26 vs. Lehigh, Worcester, Mass., 12:00 p.m.
- The Holy Cross men's lacrosse team returns to action on Saturday, March 26, when it plays Patriot League opponent Lehigh at Holy Cross Field at noon. Go here to listen to the game. The Mountain Hawks, who play Army on March 22, are 4-3 so far this season with a 1-0 record in the Patriot League. They defeated Navy for the first time since the 1913 season as they had lost 26 straight to the Midshipmen. Lehigh has defeated St. Joseph's (16-7), Navy (14-10), Detroit Mercy (13-9) and Presbyterian (17-4), while it has lost to Villanova (9-8), Ohio State (11-7) and Yale (10-6). The Mountain Hawks lead the Patriot League with 11.57 goals per game, 35.43 ground balls per contest, a .691 face-off percentage, 12.50 saves per game, 23.00 shots on goal per game and 8.71 caused turnovers per game. Lehigh's face-off percentage is ranked second nationally, while its goals per game and ground balls per game are 10th. Ryan Snyder is fourth in the country with a .695 face-off percentage and is second with 8.57 ground balls per game.
- The Crusaders are tied for third in the Patriot League with 26.57 ground balls per game. Holy Cross is tied for fourth in the league with 7.14 caused turnovers per contest.
- Sophomore James Kennedy (Summit, N.J.) leads the team with 13 points and a career-best eight assists, while he is tied for second with five goals. His 1.14 assists per game are eighth in the Patriot League and 53rd nationally.
- Sophomore John Hannan (Manhasset, N.Y.) ranks first on the team with 11 goals which matches his total from his freshman season. He is second on the team with 12 points.
- Sophomore Mike Fisher (Fox Chapel, Pa.) made 24 saves versus Harvard which rank eighth all-time for a game in the history of the program. He has made three straight starts.
- Senior Douglas Broussard (Floral Park, N.Y.) leads the team with 28 ground balls. His 4.0 ground balls per game are ranked 51st nationally. He now has 165 career ground balls. He also leads the team with 12 caused turnovers as his 1.71 caused turnovers per game are 32nd in the country.