Crusaders To Play Harvard & Navy
Holy Cross Men's Lacrosse
Overall: 0-5 (0-1 Patriot League) Last Week: 0-2
Scoreboard: Dartmouth 16, Holy Cross 7, Worcester, Mass., 3/9
Colgate 13, Holy Cross 3, Hamilton, N.Y., 3/12
Schedule: Tuesday, March 15 at Harvard, Cambridge, Mass., 4:00 p.m.
Saturday, March 19 vs. Navy, Worcester, Mass., 12:00 p.m.
- The Holy Cross men's lacrosse team returns to action on Tuesday, March 15, when it plays at Harvard at 4:00 p.m. The Crusaders will then play Patriot League opponent Navy in Worcester on Saturday, March 19 at noon. Go here to listen to the Holy Cross versus Navy game.
- The Crimson are 3-1 so far this season with a win over Canisius (9-7), a loss to Hofstra (15-9), a win over Georgetown (16-15) and a win over Bellarmine (21-10). Last season, the Crusaders were edged by No. 15 Harvard, 9-7, on March 6.
- The Midshipmen, who play Towson on March 15, have a 2-4 overall record and are 1-2 in the Patriot League. Navy defeated VMI (14-8), and then fell to No. 14 Loyola (9-8), No. 12 North Carolina (10-8), Lehigh (14-10) and Bucknell (12-11 2OT). The Mids then defeated Lafayette (15-6). Last season, Navy defeated the Crusaders by a 12-3 score on March 20.
- Sophomore James Kennedy (Summit, N.J.) leads the team with a career-best eight assists, while he is also first with 12 points. He is third with four goals. His 1.60 assists per game are third in the Patriot League and 21st nationally.
- Sophomore John Hannan (Manhasset, N.Y.) ranks first on the team with 10 goals, while he is second with 10 points. His 2.00 goals per game are tied for seventh in the league and are 43rd nationally.
- The Crusaders are fourth in the Patriot League with 27.40 ground balls per game. Senior Douglas Broussard (Floral Park, N.Y.) leads the team with 19 ground balls. His 3.8 ground balls per game are ranked 59th nationally. He now has 156 career ground balls. He also leads the team with nine caused turnovers as his 1.8 caused turnovers per game is 24th in the country. Sophomore Matt Ward (Massapequa, N.Y.) is second on the team with eight caused turnovers. His 1.6 caused turnovers per game are ranked 37th nationally.