March 8, 2011
Crusaders To Play Dartmouth & Colgate
Holy Cross Men's Lacrosse
Overall: 0-3 (0-0 Patriot League) Last Week: 0-1
Scoreboard: Quinnipiac 10, Holy Cross 5, Hamden, Conn., 3/5
Schedule: Wednesday, March 9 vs. Dartmouth, Worcester, Mass., 4:00 p.m.
Saturday, March 12 at Colgate, Hamilton, N.Y., 1:00 p.m.
- The Holy Cross men's lacrosse team returns to action on Wednesday, March 9, when it plays in Worcester versus Dartmouth in non-conference action at 4:00 p.m. Go here for live coverage of the game. The Crusaders will then start the Patriot League season on Saturday, March 12 when they travel to Hamilton, N.Y., to take on Colgate at 1:00 p.m.
- The Big Green are 2-1 so far this season with a loss versus Colgate (13-8), while they have won two straight with victories over Sacred Heart (9-7) and Mercer (17-10). Last season, the Crusaders defeated the Big Green by a 13-8 score on March 9. This was first time in school history that the Crusaders had defeated the Big Green in men's lacrosse as Dartmouth won the previous 28 contests starting in 1960. Chris Smirti scored five goals and Edison Parzanese recorded three goals and three assists for six points.
- The Raiders are 3-2 this season as they started with losses versus Hofstra (6-3) and Vermont (9-4), while they have then defeated Dartmouth (13-8), Robert Morris (14-12) and Hobart (11-7). Last season, the Crusaders defeated the Raiders by a 9-8 score on March 13. This was the first time that Holy Cross had defeated Colgate in men's lacrosse in school history as the Raiders had won the previous 20 meetings. Sophomore James Kennedy (Summit, N.J.) scored his fourth goal of the game with just three seconds left in regulation.
- Junior Matt Boylan (Kings Park, N.Y.) leads the team with eight points, while he is tied for first with four assists. He is second with four goals. His 1.33 assists per game are tied for sixth in the league.
- Kennedy is tied for first on the team with four assists, while he is third with six points. He is tied for sixth in the conference with 1.33 assists per game.
- Sophomore John Hannan (Manhasset, N.Y.) ranks first on the team with seven goals, while he is second with seven points. His 2.33 goals per game are sixth in the league and 31st nationally.
- The Crusaders are ranked third in the Patriot League with 27.67 ground balls per game. Senior Douglas Broussard (Floral Park, N.Y.) leads the team with 10 ground balls. He now has 147 career ground balls.
- Sophomore Matt Ward (Massapequa, N.Y.) is first on the team with six caused turnovers. His 2.0 caused turnovers per game are ranked 15th nationally.