March 1, 2011
Crusaders Set To Play Quinnipiac
Overall: 0-2 (0-0 Patriot League) Last Week: 0-1
Scoreboard: Hartford 12, Holy Cross 7, Worcester, Mass., 2/26
Schedule: Saturday, March 5 at Quinnipiac, Hamden, Conn., 1:00 p.m.
- The Holy Cross men's lacrosse team returns to action on Saturday, March 5, when it plays at Quinnipiac on the Quinnipiac Field Hockey and Lacrosse Turf Field at 1:00 p.m. The Crusaders are 0-2 so far this season with losses to St. John's (16-7) and Hartford (12-7), while the Bobcats, who play at Fairfield on March 1, are 0-1 with a 13-4 loss at Brown.
- Last season, Holy Cross defeated Quinnipiac by a 17-10 score at Holy Cross Field on April 17. The 17 goals were the most the Crusaders had scored since their 18-11 victory over Siena on April 4, 2001. The Crusaders also won the previous matchup between these two teams on April 25, 2007, by a score of 11-5.
- Junior Matt Boylan (Kings Park, N.Y.) leads the team with three assists and six points. He is tied for second with three goals.
- Sophomore John Hannan (Manhasset, N.Y.) ranks first on the team with five goals, while he is second with five points. He is also tied for the team-lead with six ground balls.
- Sophomore Mike Fisher (Fox Chapel, Pa.) made his collegiate debut in the game versus Hartford. He played all 60 minutes in net and recorded 13 saves with a .520 save percentage.
- Senior Douglas Broussard (Floral Park, N.Y.) leads the team with five caused turnovers and is tied for first with six ground balls. He now has 143 career ground balls.
- Sophomore Matt Ward (Massapequa, N.Y.) is second on the team with four caused turnovers. He is also third on the team with five ground balls.