Holy Cross Men's Lacrosse
Overall: 0-1 (0-0 Patriot League) Last Week: 0-1
Scoreboard: St. John's 16, Holy Cross 7, Worcester, Mass., 2/19
Schedule: Saturday, Feb. 26 vs. Hartford, Worcester, Mass., 4:00 p.m.
- The Holy Cross men's lacrosse team returns to action on Saturday, Feb. 26, when it plays Hartford at the Hart Turf Field at 4:00 p.m. The Hawks fell to No. 16 UMass by a 14-10 score in their season-opener on Feb. 19. Last season Hartford defeated Holy Cross, 10-6. The Crusaders had won three straight over the Hawks prior to last season's defeat. Holy Cross is 3-2 versus Hartford in the last five games.
- Junior Matt Boylan (Kings Park, N.Y.) had a career-game in the season-opener versus St. John's. He recorded two goals and three assists for five points. Boylan scored the first goal of the game which was also his first collegiate goal.
- Sophomore John Hannan (Manhasset, N.Y.) scored three goals versus St. John's. This was his second career hat trick as he netted three goals versus Lafayette last season on April 10.
- Junior Andrew Morici (Manhasset, N.Y.) also was strong versus St. John's. He recorded a career-best two goals and a career-best three points.
- Senior Douglas Broussard (Floral Park, N.Y.) continued to lead the defense as he led the team with five ground balls and two caused turnovers versus St. John's. He now has 142 career ground balls and 17 caused turnovers.
- The Crusaders will play their first road game of the season on March 5 when they take on Quinnipiac. Last season the Crusaders defeated Quinnipiac by a 17-10 score on April 17.