Holy Cross Men's Lacrosse
Overall Record: 2-8 (1-3 Patriot League) Last Week: 0-1
Scoreboard: Bucknell 11, Holy Cross 2, Worcester, Mass., 4/3
Schedule: Tuesday, April 6 vs. Vermont, Worcester, Mass., 7:00 p.m.
Saturday, April 10 vs. #16 Lafayette, Worcester, Mass., 1:00 p.m.
- The Crusaders (2-8 overall, 1-3 Patriot League) will play two games at the new Holy Cross Field this week. On Tuesday, April 6, Holy Cross will play Vermont (2-7 overall, 1-0 America East) in non-conference action at 7:00 p.m., while on Saturday, April 10, the Crusaders will meet Patriot League opponent No. 16 Lafayette (6-2 overall, 2-0 Patriot League) at 1:00 p.m. Lafayette leads the Patriot League and is ranked third nationally with 13.75 goals scored per game.
- The Crusaders are in sixth place in the Patriot League, while both Bucknell and Lehigh are tied for fourth place with a 1-2 record. The Leopards, who play a non-conference game against Marist on April 6, are tied with Army for first place. After starting the season 6-0, Lafayette has lost two straight as it has dropped games to No. 11 Drexel (12-11) and Mount St. Mary’s (14-12). The Leopards have been ranked as high as No. 8 in the nation this season which was the first time in the history of the program that they were ranked in the top 10. Lafayette has Patriot League wins over Navy (15-8) and Bucknell (16-15), while the Crusaders have a victory over Colgate (9-8), while they have losses to Navy (12-3), Lehigh (11-5) and Bucknell (11-2).
- Last season, the Crusaders defeated the Catamounts by a 12-11 score in overtime on April 7. Sophomore Colin McGeehin (Newtown Square, Pa.) scored two goals including the game-winner. Senior Kenny Minor (South Hadley, Mass.) led the Crusaders with three goals and one assist for four points.
- Last year, Holy Cross fell to Lafayette, 7-4, on April 4. McGeehin recorded three goals and Minor scored one goal.
- Senior Edison Parzanese (Edgartown, Mass.) has 48 goals and 65 assists for 113 career points. Parzanese leads the team this season with 10 assists and 19 points. In 41 career games played, Parzanese has only failed to record at least one point in three games. His 1.00 assists per game this season are tied for eighth in the Patriot League.
- Freshman James Kennedy (Summit, N.J.) is second on the team with 13 goals and 18 points. He is tied for third on the team with five assists.
- Junior Douglas Broussard (Floral Park, N.Y.) leads the team with 12 caused turnovers and a career-best 42 ground balls this season. His 4.20 ground balls per game are fifth in the Patriot League. Broussard has 106 ground balls for his career which are the most by any current Crusader.
- Senior Chris Smirti (Cold Spring Harbor, N.Y.) leads the team this season with 14 goals and his 61 career goals are the most by any current Crusader. His 15 points are tied for third on the team.