Holy Cross Men's Lacrosse
Overall Record: 2-7 (1-2 Patriot League) Last Week: 0-1
Scoreboard: Lehigh 11, Holy Cross 5, Bethlehem, Pa., 3/27
Schedule: Saturday, April 3 vs. Bucknell, Worcester, Mass., 4:00 p.m.
- The Crusaders will play their next five games at the new Holy Cross Field starting on Saturday, April 3, when they take on Patriot League opponent Bucknell at 4:00 p.m. The Crusaders (2-7 overall), who are tied for fourth place in the Patriot League with a 1-2 record, have lost three straight including a 11-5 loss at Lehigh on March 27. The Bison, who are 4-4 overall and 0-2 in the Patriot League, have lost two in a row and will play Penn State on March 30.
- The Bison started off the season with a 12-11 overtime loss to No. 2 Duke, while they then defeated Ohio State (11-5) and Towson (13-9). After an 8-7 overtime loss to Navy, Bucknell earned wins over Hobart (9-7) and Jacksonville (17-8). Recently the Bison have lost to Lafayette (16-15) and Albany (7-6). Bucknell is second in the Patriot League with 11.12 goals scored per game, while it leads the conference with 35.00 ground balls per game and 11.00 caused turnovers per game.
- Last season, Holy Cross fell to Bucknell by a score of 17-6 on March 28. Sophomore Colin McGeehin (Newtown Square, Pa.) recorded three goals, while senior Chris Smirti (Cold Spring Harbor, N.Y.) had one goal and one assist.
- Senior Edison Parzanese (Edgartown, Mass.) has now recorded at least one point in 22 straight games and has 48 goals and 65 assists for 113 career points. Parzanese leads the team this season with 10 assists and 19 points. In 40 career games played, Parzanese has only failed to record at least one point in two games. He has posted 27 goals and 33 assists for 60 points during the streak which started on March 8, 2008. His 1.11 assists per game this season are eighth in the Patriot League.
- Freshman Myles Gillespie (Rye, N.Y.) recorded his first collegiate point with an assist versus Lehigh on March 27.
- Both of Holy Cross’ game-winning goals this season have been scored by freshmen. James Kennedy (Summit, N.J.) scored the game-winner versus Colgate on March 13. He is second on the team with 12 goals and 17 points, while he is tied for second with five assists. John Hannan (Manhasset, N.Y.) netted the game-winner at Dartmouth on March 9. Hannan has recorded at least one point in seven straight games. His five assists this season are tied for second on the team, while his seven goals and 12 points are fifth.
- Junior Douglas Broussard (Floral Park, N.Y.) leads the team with 10 caused turnovers and a career-best 39 ground balls this season as he has 103 ground balls for his career. His 4.33 ground balls per game are fourth in the Patriot League and tied for 26th nationally.
- Smirti leads the team this season with 14 goals and his 61 career goals are the most by any current Crusader. His 15 points are third on the team.