Holy Cross Men's Lacrosse
Overall Record: 2-6 (1-1 Patriot League) Last Week: 0-2
Scoreboard: Hartford 10, Holy Cross 6, West Hartford, Conn., 3/17
Navy 12, Holy Cross 3, Annapolis, Md., 3/20
Schedule: Saturday, March 27 at Lehigh, Bethlehem, Pa., 2:00 p.m.
- The Crusaders return to action on Saturday, March 27, when they travel to Bethlehem, Pa., to take on Patriot League opponent Lehigh at 2:00 p.m. at the Ulrich Sports Complex. The Crusaders, who are in third place in the Patriot League with a 1-1 record, are coming off losses to Hartford and Navy. The Mountain Hawks, who are 3-4 overall and 0-1 in the Patriot League, play Army on March 23.
- Lehigh started off the season by defeating St. Joseph’s (7-6) and then lost to No. 4 North Carolina (17-5) and No. 18 Navy (8-3). After the Mountain Hawks edged Air Force (14-13), they fell to Denver (8-7). Most recently Lehigh lost to No. 17 Yale (8-6) and defeated Detroit Mercy (21-9). Holy Cross has never defeated Lehigh. Last season, Holy Cross fell to Lehigh by a 7-5 score on Senior Day at the Hart Turf Field on April 14. Holy Cross was led by junior Colin Flood (Bay Shore, N.Y.) who had one goal and one assist for two points. Luke Marchand, senior Kenny Minor (South Hadley, Mass.), senior Chris Smirti (Cold Spring Harbor, N.Y.) and sophomore Colin McGeehin (Newtown Square, Pa.) each scored one goal, while junior Conor McKenna (Summit, N.J.) had two assists.
- Holy Cross is third in the Patriot League by scoring 1.62 man-up goals per game and it is fourth in the conference with 8.25 caused turnovers per game.
- Senior Edison Parzanese (Edgartown, Mass.) has now recorded at least one point in 21 straight games and has 47 goals and 65 assists for 112 career points. Parzanese leads the team this season with 10 assists and 18 points. In 39 career games played, Parzanese has only failed to record at least one point in two games. His streak is tied for the ninth longest in the nation as he has posted 26 goals and 33 assists for 59 points during the streak which started on March 8, 2008. His 1.25 assists per game this season are seventh in the Patriot League.
- Both of Holy Cross’ game-winning goals this season have been scored by freshmen. James Kennedy (Summit, N.J.) scored the game-winner versus Colgate on March 13. He is second on the team with 11 goals and 16 points, while he is tied for second with five assists. His three man-up goals are tied for first on the team. John Hannan (Manhasset, N.Y.) netted the game-winner at Dartmouth on March 9. He scored three goals last week with one at Hartford and a career-best two at Navy. Hannan recorded at least one point in six straight games. His five assists this season are tied for second on the team, while his six goals and 11 points are tied for fifth.
- Senior Connor Sweeney (South Salem, N.Y.) made a career-best 15 saves versus Navy. This season he has 76 saves and 10.12 goals against average.
- Junior Douglas Broussard (Floral Park, N.Y.) leads the team with 33 ground balls and nine caused turnovers this season. He has 97 ground balls for his career.
- Minor is tied for the team-lead with three man-up goals. This season he is third on the team with 10 goals, fourth with 13 points and fifth with three assists.
- Smirti leads the team this season with 14 goals and his 61 career goals are the most by any current Crusader. His 15 points are third on the team.