Crusaders To Play Marist And No. 15 Harvard
Holy Cross Men's Lacrosse
Overall: 0-2 (0-0 Patriot League) Last Week: 0-1
Scoreboard: Yale 14, Holy Cross 7, New Haven,
Schedule: Tuesday, March 2 at Marist, Poughkeepsie, N.Y., 3:00 p.m.
Saturday, March 6 vs. #15 Harvard, Worcester, Mass., 1:00 p.m.
- The Holy Cross men's lacrosse team will travel to Poughkeepsie, N.Y., to play Marist on Tuesday, March 2 at Tenney Stadium at Leonidoff Field at 3:00 p.m., while it will then play No. 15 Harvard at the new Holy Cross Field on Saturday, March 6 at 1:00 p.m. The Crusaders are coming off a 14-7 loss at Yale last week, while the Red Foxes are 1-0 after winning their season-opener over Sacred Heart by a score of 11-10 in overtime. The Crimson are 1-0 after defeating Canisius, 16-6. Harvard will play at No. 14 Georgetown on March 3.
- Senior Edison Parzanese (Edgartown, Mass.) had one goal and one assist at Yale and now has 41 goals and 58 assists for 99 career points. He has recorded at least one point in 15 straight games. In 33 career games played, Parzanese has only failed to record at least one point in two games. His streak is tied for the 16th longest in the nation as he has posted 20 goals and 26 assists for 46 points during the streak which started on March 8, 2008.
- Senior Chris Smirti (Cold Spring Harbor, N.Y.) scored one goal at Yale giving him 50 for his career. His 50 goals are the most by any current Crusader. Smirti also has nine assists for 59 career points.
- Freshman James Kennedy (Summit, N.J.) led the Holy Cross offense with three points versus Yale with two goals and one assist. In his first two collegiate games he has five goals and two assists for seven points. He has earned a point on seven of Holy Cross' 15 goals so far this season. His five goals and seven assists lead the team.
- Last year, Holy Cross defeated Marist by a 9-4 score at the Hart Turf Field on April 11. Last season the Red Foxes went 4-9 overall.
- Harvard defeated the Crusaders, 11-4, last season at Harvard Stadium on April 18. The Crimson are ranked No. 15 in the United States Intercollegiate Lacrosse Association Coaches Poll, while they are No. 11 in the Nike/InsideLacrosse poll. Last season, Harvard went 8-5 overall.
- The game versus Harvard will be Holy Cross' first contest this season versus a nationally ranked team. There are two other teams on Holy Cross' schedule that are currently ranked in the USILA poll. Bucknell is No. 13 and Lafayette is No. 20. Last season Holy Cross went 0-4 versus ranked teams with losses versus No. 13 Duke, No. 15 Navy, No. 20 Army and No. 17 Harvard.