February 23, 2010
Holy Cross Men's Lacrosse
Crusaders To Play At Yale On Feb. 27
Holy Cross Men's Lacrosse
Overall: 0-1 (0-0 Patriot League) Last Week: 0-1
Scoreboard: St. John's 9, Holy Cross 8, Queens, N.Y., 2/20
Schedule: Saturday, Feb. 27 at Yale, New Haven, Conn., 11:30 a.m.
- The Holy Cross men's lacrosse team will travel to New Haven, Conn., to play Yale on Feb. 27 at Reese Stadium at 11:30 a.m. The Crusaders are coming off a 9-8 loss at St. John's in the season-opener, while this is the Bulldogs' first game of the season. Last season, Yale went 5-8 overall and 1-5 in the Ivy League.
- Senior Edison Parzanese (Edgartown, Mass.) recorded one goal and two assists for three points versus St. John's last week. He has recorded at least one point in 14 straight games. In 32 career games played, Parzanese has only failed to record at least one point in two games. He is only three points away from reaching 100 points. Parzanese has 40 goals and 57 assists for 97 career points.
- Freshman James Kennedy (Summit, N.J.) had an outstanding collegiate debut as he recorded three goals and one assist for four points to lead the Holy Cross offense versus St. John's. This was the fifth straight season-opener for the Crusaders that a freshman recorded at least a point. In 2009, current sophomore Colin McGeehin (Newtown Square, Pa.) scored a goal in the 10-5 loss versus St. John's, in 2008 current junior Matt Moran (West Henrietta, N.Y.) posted a goal in the 7-5 win at St. John's, in 2007 Parzanese scored three goals including the game-winner in the 10-8 victory over Hartford, and in 2006 Paddy Dowling had an assist in the 19-4 loss versus Fairfield.
- Senior Chris Smirti (Cold Spring Harbor, N.Y.) scored two goals versus St. John's. He is only one goal away from reaching 50 career goals. His 49 goals are the most by any current Crusader. Smirti also has nine assists for 58 career points.
- Sophomore Brent Ferraro (Islip, N.Y.) posted his first collegiate assist last week versus St. John's. Ferraro was moved from offensive midfield to defensive midfield this season.
- Last year, Yale defeated Holy Cross by a 13-8 score at the Hart Turf Field on Feb. 21. Parzanese recorded four goals and three assists for seven points. Smirti scored two goals for Holy Cross, while Luke Marchand and McGeehin each scored one goal.
- Holy Cross is 1-8 all-time versus Yale as the series started in 1965. In 2008, the Crusaders defeated Yale by a score of 7-6 on Feb. 24 on the road. The win was Holy Cross' first ever over a school from the Ivy League as Jimmy Harrison was named the New England Player of the Week and Adam Pascal was named the US Lacrosse Coach of the Week.