Scoreboard: Rich Korzec Memorial Invitational, 7th of 10, Blackstone National, Sutton, Mass., 4/15
Yale Spring Open, 11th of 11, Yale Golf Club, New Haven, Conn., 4/19
Joe Plante Invitational, 2nd of 8, Heritage Country Club, Charlton, Mass., 4/21
Schedule: Saturday & Sunday, April 26-27, Patriot League Championship, West Point Golf Club, West Point, N.Y.
- Holy Cross competed in three events this past week including Rich Korzec Invitational on Tuesday, April 15 at Blackstone National Golf Club in which the Crusaders finished in 7th place out of 10 teams. The Crusaders competed in the Yale Spring Open on Saturday, April 19 at the Yale Golf Club finishing in 11th place out of 11. Holy Cross finished the week with a strong performance at the Joe Plante Invitational on Monday, April 21 at Heritage Country Club. The Crusaders finished in second place out of eight teams.
- The Holy Cross men's golf team will complete the 2013-2014 season on April 26-27 in the Patriot League Championship at West Point Golf Club in West Point, N.Y.
- The Holy Cross men's golf team finished the rain-shortened Rich Korzec Memorial Invitational with a team score of 170, while Rhode Island College claimed the title with a team score of 152. Senior Tim DiStefano (Albany, N.Y.) finished in a tie for fourth place with a Crusader low score of 39 (+3).
- Holy Cross finished the Yale Spring Open in 11th place out of 11 teams with a two-day team total of 653 (+93) strokes as Harvard won the event with a team total of 573 (+13). Four Crusader golfers finished within four strokes of each other as DiStefano posted a two-day Crusader low of 162 (+22) with junior John Reali (Searingtown, N.Y.) finishing at 163 (+23). DiStefano and Reali placed in ties for 50th and 53rd, respectively. Freshman Cameron Murray (Traverse City, Mich.) finished the event in a tie for 55th with a two day total of 164 (+24). Junior Craig Norton (Foxboro, Mass.) posted a score of 166 (+26) for the event placing in a tie for 58th.
- The Crusaders placed in second place at the Joe Plante Invitational on April 21 with a team score of 315, as Franklin Pierce captured the title with a score of 310. The Crusaders were led by Murray and junior Connor Burfeind (Falmouth, Maine) who each posted a score of 77 (+6), two shots off the medalist score of 75 (+4).
- Get all the latest news and results on the Holy Cross men's golf team sent directly to your e-mail. To sign up for e-mail alerts go here: http://www.goholycross.com/list-signup.