Crusaders To Play In Three Events This Week
Scoreboard: New England DI Championship, 8th of 10, Mohegan Sun Country Club, Baltic, Conn., 4/12-13
Schedule: Tuesday, April 15, Rich Korzec Memorial Invitational, Blackstone National Golf Club, Sutton, Mass.
Saturday and Sunday, April 19-20, Yale Spring Open, Yale Golf Club, New Haven, Conn.
Monday, April 21, Joe Plante Invitational, Heritage Country Club, Charlton, Mass.
- Holy Cross will play in three events this week, beginning with the Rich Korzec Invitational on Tuesday, April 15 at Blackstone National Golf Club. The Crusaders will then compete in the Yale Spring Open on Saturday and Sunday, April 19-20 at the Yale Golf Club, before they end the week with the Joe Plante Invitational on Monday, April 21 at Heritage Country Club.
- The Holy Cross men's golf team competed in the New England D1 Championship at the Mohegan Sun Country Club on Saturday and Sunday, April 12-13. The Crusaders finished the tournament in eighth place out of ten teams with a team score of 639, as Hartford claimed the title with a team score of 571.
- Senior captain Peter Cahill (Wellesley, Mass.) was the low-Crusader at the New England DI Championship, as he finished in a tie for 13th place with a two-day total score of 149 (+5). Senior Tim DiStefano (Albany, N.Y.) placed in a tie for 34th with a total score of 158 (+14).
- Juniors John Reali (Searingtown, N.Y.) and Connor Burfeind (Falmouth, Maine) finished in a tie for 42nd and 46th place, respectively. Reali finished with a two-day score of 165 (+26), as Burfeind followed closely behind with a total score of 167 (+28). Senior Matt Campbell (York, Maine) rounded out the Crusader lineup and finished in 50th place with a total of 190 strokes (+46).
- Get all the latest news and results on the Holy Cross men's golf team sent directly to your e-mail. To sign up for e-mail alerts go here: http://www.goholycross.com/list-signup.