Scoreboard: 14th of 14, Davidson Invitational, River Run Country Club, Davidson, N.C., March 3-4
Schedule: Saturday & Sunday, April 5-6, Rhody Invitational, Green Valley Golf Club, Newport, R.I.
- The Holy Cross men's golf team opened its 2014 spring season with a 14th place finish at the Davidson Invitational on Monday and Tuesday, March 3-4 at the par-72 River Run Country Club. The Crusaders came in with a team score of 720 strokes (+124), while Tennessee won the event with a total score of 587 (+11).
- The Crusaders returns to action on Saturday and Sunday, April 5-6, when it will compete in the two-day Rhody Invitational at the Green Valley Golf Club in Newport, R.I.
- At the Davidson Invitational, Holy Cross was led by junior Connor Burfeind (Falmouth, Maine) who finished in 68th place with a total score of 179 (+35). Senior captain Tim DiStefano (Albany, N.Y.) tied for 69th place with a scorecard of 181 (+37), while junior John Reali (Searingtown, N.Y.)shot a total score of 182 (+38), which tied him for 71st place.
- Crusader freshman Cameron Murray (Traverse City, Mich.) and junior Craig Norton (Foxboro, Mass.) finished in 73rd and 74th place, respectively, with scores of 183 (+39) and 191 (+47).
- Get all the latest news and results on the Holy Cross men's golf team sent directly to your e-mail. To sign up for e-mail alerts go here: http://www.goholycross.com/list-signup.