Scoreboard: 10th of 10 teams, Stars & Stripes Invitational, West Point Golf Club, West Point, N.Y., 10/6-7
Schedule: Sunday and Monday, Oct. 27-28, NEIGA Championship, Captains Golf Course, Brewster, Mass.
- The Holy Cross men's golf team will take a few weeks off before it concludes the 2013 fall season at the NEIGA Championship held at the Captains Golf Course in Brewster, Mass. on Sunday and Monday, Oct. 27-28. Last year, Holy Cross finished in 10th of 35 teams at the tournament.
- Last week, the Crusaders finished in 10th place out of 10 teams at the Stars & Stripes Invitational on Sunday and Monday, Oct. 6-7 at the par-69 West Point Golf Club in West Point, N.Y. The Crusaders came in with a team score of 939 (+111) strokes during three-round tournament, while the Black Knights finished in first place with a combined effort of 841 strokes (+13).
- Holy Cross was led by senior captain Tim DiStefano (Albany, N.Y.) who finished in a tie for 33rd place with a three-round total of 228 (+21). DiStefano leads the team with an 18-hole average score of 76..7 strokes.
- Crusader junior John Reali (Searingtown, N.Y.) and freshman Cameron Murray (Traverse City, Mich.) tied for 49th place with a total score of 238 strokes (+31). Murray's second round score of 74 (+5) was a season-low for the freshman.
- Get all the latest news and results on the Holy Cross men's golf team sent directly to your e-mail. To sign up for e-mail alerts go here: http://www.goholycross.com/list-signup.