Scoreboard: 15th of 17 teams, Hartford Invitational, Bull's Bridge Golf Club, South Kent, Conn. 9/23-24
Schedule: Sunday and Monday, Oct. 6-7, Stars & Stripes Invitational, West Point Golf Club, West Point, N.Y.
- The Holy Cross men's golf team will take a week off from competition this week, in preparation for the Stars and Stripes Invitational, hosted by Army, on Sunday and Monday, Oct. 6-7 at the West Point Golf Club in West Point, N.Y.
- The Crusaders finished in 15th place at the Hartford Hawk Invitational on Monday and Tuesday, Sept. 23-24 at the par-72 Bull's Bridge Golf Club. The Crusaders came in with a team score of 946 strokes (+82), while Rutgers won the event with a total score of 868 (+4).
- Holy Cross was led by senior captain Tim DiStefano (Albany, N.Y.) who finished in a tie for 30th place with a total score of 228 (+12). His minus-two card of 70 in the second round of the tournament was a season-low. He leads the team with an 18-hole average of 77.0
- Junior Connor Burfeind (Falmouth, Maine) recorded a 239 (+23), good for 69th place, while senior captain Peter Cahill (Wellesley, Mass.) tied for 70th with a total score of 241 (+25). Burfeind ranks second on the team with an average score of 79.0, while Cahill is fourth with an average score of 81.0.
- Get all the latest news and results on the Holy Cross men's golf team sent directly to your e-mail. To sign up for e-mail alerts go here: http://www.goholycross.com/list-signup.