Scoreboard: 8th of 12, Blue Devil Invitational, Wintonbury Hills Golf Course, Bloomfield, Conn., 9/8-9/9
Schedule: Monday and Tuesday, Sept. 16-17, at Adams Cup, Newport National Golf Club, Middletown, R.I.
- The Holy Cross golf team will continue the 2013-2014 season on Monday and Tuesday, Sept. 16-17 at the Adams Cup held at Newport National Golf Club in Middletown, R.I.
- Last week, the Crusaders came in eighth place out of 12 teams at the Blue Devil Invitational hosted at Wintonbury Hills Golf Course in Bloomfield, Conn. The team combined to shoot 600 strokes (+40), as Bryant won the event with a team score of 576 (+16).
- Holy Cross was led by senior captain Tim DiStefano (Albany, N.Y.) and junior Craig Norton (Foxboro, Mass.), who tied for 12th place with two-day totals of plus-seven (147 strokes). Norton's score of 71 in the final round of the tournament was a career-low for 18 holes.
- Junior John Reali (Searingtown, N.Y.) tied for 22nd place with a total score of 150 and set a career-best 18-hole score in the second round with a 71. Junior Connor Burfeind (Falmouth, Maine) set a career-low score with a 75 in the second round en route to a 49th place finish at plus-16 (156), while senior captain Peter Cahill (Wellesley, Mass.) rounded out the scoring for the Crusaders with a two-round total of 163 strokes.
- Get all the latest news and results on the Holy Cross men's golf team sent directly to your e-mail. To sign up for e-mail alerts go here: http://www.goholycross.com/list-signup.