Scoreboard: New England DI Championship, 8th of 10 teams, Newport National Golf Club, Middlebury, R.I., 4/13-14
Schedule: Tuesday, April 16 at Assumption Shootout, Heritage Country Club, Charlton, Mass., 10:00 a.m.
- The Holy Cross men's golf team finished in eighth place at the New England DI Championship held at the Par-72 Newport National Golf Club in Middlebury, R.I. on Saturday and Sunday, April 13-14. Holy Cross shot a combined score of 619 strokes (+43) as Connecticut claimed the tournament crown with a total score of 588 (+12).
- This week, the Crusaders will compete in the Assumption Shootout held at the Heritage Country Club in Charlton, Mass. on Tuesday, April 16.
- At the New England DI Championship, senior Steve Zychowski (Mendham, N.J.) carded a two-day total of 151 (+7), as he fired an even-par 72 on the second day of the tournament. Holy Cross sophomore John Reali (Searingtown, N.Y.) finished in a tie for 24th place with a total score of 155 (+11), as classmate Connor Burfeind (Falmouth, Maine) ended the tournament at plus-13 (157), which tied him for 28th. Zychowski leads the team with an average 18-hole score of 75.7.
- Holy Cross freshman Jonah Choe (Billerica, Mass.) tied for 30th place with a total score of 158 (+14) as junior Peter Cahill (Wellesley, Mass.) finished in 32nd with a scorecard of 159 (+15).
- Get all the latest news and results on the Holy Cross men's golf team sent directly to your email. To sign up for e-mail alerts go here: http://www.goholycross.com/list-signup.