Scoreboard: Rhody Invitational, 9th of 10 teams, Green Valley Golf Club, Portsmouth, R.I., 4/6-4/7
Schedule: Saturday and Sunday, April 13-14, New England Division I Championship, Newport National Golf Club, Newport, R.I., 8:00 a.m.
- The Holy Cross men's golf team finished in ninth place at the Rhody Invitational held at the Par-71 Green Valley Golf Club in Portsmouth, R.I. on Saturday and Sunday, April 6-7. The Crusaders combined to shoot a team score of 656 (+88) as Rhode Island claimed the tournament crown with a total of 622 strokes (+54).
- Senior co-captain Steve Zychowski (Mendham, Conn.) tied for eighth place with a two-round total of 158 (+16), while junior Peter Cahill (Wellesley, Mass.) and sophomore John Reali (Searingtown, N.Y.) both finished tied for 33rd place with a total score of 165 (+23). Zychowski leads the team with a 75.7 average score for 18 holes
- Senior Michael McCarthy (Tolland, Conn.) carded a 171 (+29), which placed him in a tie for 47th place, as junior Tim DiStefano (Albany, N.Y.) finished tied for 51st with a score of 173 (+32).
- Holy Cross freshman Jonah Choe (Billerica, Mass.) and sophomore Connor Burfeind (Falmouth, Maine) competed as individuals at the tournament. Choe finished tied for 25th with a two-day total of 162 (+22) as Burfeind recorded a total score of 168 (+28), which placed him in a tie for 42nd.
- Get all the latest news and results on the Holy Cross men's golf team sent directly to your email. To sign up for e-mail alerts go here: http://www.goholycross.com/list-signup.