Scoreboard: Davidson Invitational, 11th of 11 teams, River Run Country Club, Davidson, N.C., 3/4 & 3/5
Schedule: No events scheduled this week
- The Holy Cross men's golf team finished in 11th place in the Davidson Invitational held at the Par-72 River Run Country Club in Davidson, N.C on Monday and Tuesday, March 4-5. The Crusaders shot s combined team score of 666 strokes (+90) as Davidson won the tournament with a team total of 596 (+20).
- The Crusader's next tournament will be on Saturday, March 30 at the Bentley Cape Cod Classic.
- Holy Cross senior co-captain Steve Zychowski (Mendham, N.J.) led the team with a two-day score of 154 (+10), including a plus-two second round total of 74. Zychowski leads the team with an 18-hole average of 75.2 this season.
- Senior co-captain Michael McCarthy (Tolland, Conn.) finished tied for 53rd with a two-day score of 166 (+22), while senior co-captain Roberto Machado (Miami, Fla.) and third-year Tim DiStefano (Albany, N.Y.) both carded 173 (+29), which was good for 57th place.
- Machado is third on the team with an average score of 80.3, while DiStefano's and McCarthy's respective averages are 80.4 (fourth) and 81.0 (fifth).
- Get all the latest news and results on the Holy Cross men's golf team sent directly to your email. To sign up for e-mail alerts go here: http://www.goholycross.com/list-signup.