Holy Cross To Conclude Fall Season This Weekend At NEIGA Championship
Scoreboard: AIC-Adelphi Intercollegiate Classic, 2nd of 13 teams, Putnam, Conn,. (10/20-21)
Schedule: NEIGA Championship, Oct. 28-29, Captains Golf Course, Brewster, Mass.
- The Holy Cross men's golf team finished in 2nd place out of 13 teams at the AIC-Adelphi Intercollegiate Classic held at Connecticut National Golf Course in Putnam, Conn. Adelphi won the team tournament with a combined score of 584.
- The Crusaders will travel to Brewster, Mass on Oct. 28-29 for the New England Intercollegiate Golf Association (NEIGA) Championship held at the Captains Golf Course. Holy Cross finished in fourth place last season with a two-day score of 610.
- Senior captain Steve Zychowski (Mendham, N.J.) claimed medalist honors at the AIC-Adelphi Intercollegiate Classic with a two-round score of 139 (-3). This was Zychowski's fourth career tournament victory as he tied his career low round with a 69 on the first day.
- Zychowski ranks first on the team with an 18-hole average of 74.1. He is also the defending medalist at this weekend's NEIGA Championship as he won in 2011 with a score of 146 (+2).
- Junior Peter Cahill (Wellesley, Mass) tied for seventh place this past weekend's with a total score of 147 (+5). His average 18-hole round of 75.3 is second-best on the squad.
- Senior captain Roberto Machado (Miami, Fla.) tied for 27th place at the AIC-Adelphi Intercollegiate Classic with a two-day score of 154 (+12).