March 15, 2011
Men's Golf Begins Spring Slate At George Washington Invite
Scoreboard: No scheduled events.
Schedule: Saturday-Sunday, March 18-19, At George Washington Invitational, Bethany Beach, Del.
- The Holy Cross men's golf team returns to the green on March 18-19, participating in the George Washington Invitational. The event will be played at the Bear Trap Dunes Golf Club in Bethany Beach, Del. Tee times are set for 8:30 a.m. each day
- The Crusaders opened up the spring portion of their schedule at the George Washington Invitational the previous two years. The squad earned its best team finish last season, placing 11th out of 16 squads. In 2009, the team finished 19th of 22 teams.
- Sophomore Mike McCarthy (Tolland, Conn.) led the team individually last season with a team-low score of 225; taking 33rd. McCarthy led the Crusaders in four events during his freshman campaign and once this season. He led the team individually at the Northeast Invitational, marking a season-low round of 72 and tying for 19th overall.
- Sophomore Steve Zychowski (Mendham, N.J.) is the team's top performer overall after the fall's events. He currently owns a team-leading 74.8 strokes average and has two top-10 finishes. He placed sixth at the Blue Devil Invitational and tied for 10th place at the Macdonald Cup.
- The Holy Cross team has finished within the top-10 in three events so far this year. The Crusaders have taken home the team titles at the Assumption Shootout and Bison Fall Invitational and also placed sixth at the Blue Devil Invite.