October 12, 2010
Men's Golf Ready For The Northeast Invitational
Scoreboard: 1st of 13, at the Bison Invitational, Worcester, Mass., 10/10
Schedule: Saturday-Sunday, Oct.16-17, At Northeast Invitational, Charlestown, R.I.
- The Holy Cross men's golf team will participate in the Northeast Invitational on Oct. 16-17. The event will be held at the Shelter Harbor Golf Club in Charlestown, R.I.
- The team last competed at the spring version of the Northeast Invitational in 2009. Two current members on the roster competed two seasons ago, as senior James Widman (Middlebury, Conn.) claimed 38th place with a two-round total of 165. Fellow senior John Weber (Branford, Conn.) had the third-best score of the day for the Crusaders, finishing in 43rd place with 166 strokes over two rounds.
- The Holy Cross team took home its second team title this season at the eighth annual Bison Invitational, hosted by Nichols on Oct. 10. The squad tied with Worcester State with a score of 308 as senior captain Tim McGovern (Oradell, N.J.) tied for the individual title with a one round tally of 73.
- McGovern's round of 73 was his best this season and lowest of his career as he won his first-ever individual title at the Bison Invitational. On the season, McGovern owns a 78.2 stroke average, having competed in six rounds total.
- Weber made his second appearance on Sunday, tying his career-low round of 78 and tying for eighth place. Junior Andrew Wong (Wailuku, Hawaii) topped his career-low round of 83 with a 77 on Sunday as well. He tied for fifth place and currently has a 79 stoke average on the season after competing in two rounds.