Scoreboard: 12th of 14 at the Macdonald Cup, New Haven, Conn., 10/2-3
Schedule: No scheduled events
- The Holy Cross men's golf team will have the week off before participating in the Northeast Invitational on Oct. 16-17. The event will be held at the Shelter Harbor Golf Club in Charlestown, R.I.
- The team last competed at the spring version of the Northeast Invitational in 2009. Two current members on the roster competed two seasons ago, as senior James Widman (Middlebury, Conn.) claimed 38th place with a two-round total of 165. Fellow senior John Weber (Branford, Conn.) had the third-best score of the day for the Crusaders, finishing in 43rd place with 166 strokes over two rounds.
- Sophomore Steve Zychowski (Mendham, N.J.) led the team for the second time in his career at this year's MacDonald Cup. Last year, he finished the event with a two-round score of 221. This year, Zychowski marked a two-round score of 143, besting his freshman tally by 78 strokes. He tied his career-low round of 70 on the first day and had a 73 the next day to finish in a tie for 10th. Zychowski has now recorded two top-10 finishes to lead the team. He is the team's top performer in two events as well.
- Fellow sophomore Michael McCarthy (Tolland, Conn.) returned to form at the Macdonald Cup. McCarthy topped his lowest round on the season, a 77, by four strokes on the first day, marking a 73. He followed with a 75 to finish 25th individually, his best finish of the season. He is now averaging 77.9 strokes on the season, ranking third amongst players that have played in seven rounds.
- Freshman Matt Campbell (York, Maine) made his collegiate debut at the 2010 Macdonald Cup. Campbell, who was the 2009 Western Maine Conference champion, shot an 83 and an 81 in his first two rounds as a Crusader.