Scoreboard: 1st of 7 at Assumption Shootout,
Blackstone, Mass., 9/7
6th of 10 at Blue Devil Invitational, Wethersfield, Conn., 9/12-13
Schedule: No scheduled events
- The Holy Cross men's golf will take a two week break before returning to action on Sept. 27-28 where they will play in the Hartford Invitational at the Bull's Bridge Country Club in Hartford, Conn. This will be the first time in program history that the Crusaders have participated in this tournament.
- Highlighting opening week action was the team's top finish at the Assumption Shootout. Freshman Tim DiStefano (Albany, N.Y.) made his collegiate debut in grand fashion, marking a team-low score of 70 and tying for first individually to take home a share of the individual crown.
- Sophomore Roberto Machado (Miami, Fla.) started his second season off with a bang as well, as he recorded a career-low round of 70 to tie DiStefano for first place and winning his first individual title.
- Holy Cross had a total of five golfers finish in the top 10 individually, as the team won its first team title in over 10 years. Sophomore Steve Zychowski (Mendham, N.J.) placed third with a 71, one point shy of his career-low. Senior Tim McGovern (Oradell, N.J.) and James Widman (Middlebury, Mass.) also finished in the top 10, marking rounds of 74 and 75 respectively.
- Senior Mitch Sumner (Milton, Mass.) made his collegiate debut on the course for Holy Cross at the Assumption Shootout. He tallied a score of 83 in the one round.