of 15 at the MacDonald Cup, New Haven, Conn., 10/3-4
Schedule: Sunday, Oct. 11, at Nichols Invitational, Worcester, Mass., 12:00 p.m.
Sunday-Monday, Oct. 11-12, at Southern New Hampshire Invitational, Litchfield, N.H., 9:00 a.m.
- The Holy Cross men's golf team has a busy weekend coming up. On Sunday, Oct. 11, some members of the squad stay close to participate in the Nichols Invitational at the Green Hill Golf Course in Worcester, Mass. Others will travel to the Passaconway Country Club in Litchfield, N.H. to vie for the Southern New Hampshire Invitational title. The Nichols Invitational will start at 12:00 p.m., while the Southern New Hampshire Invitational will tee off at 9:00 a.m. both days.
- Freshman Steve Zychowski (Mendham, N.J.) paced Holy Cross with a three-round score of 221 at the MacDonald Cup in New Haven, Conn., on Oct. 3-4. The Crusaders took 15th overall while Zychowski finished tied for 44th individually. It's the first time in his collegiate career that he has been the top Crusader performer.
- Junior co-captain Colin Andrade (Assonet, Mass.) had a career-best 70 in the second round of the MacDonald Cup. In five rounds this season, he leads the team in total strokes (377) and average strokes (75.4).
- Sophomore Andrew Wong (Wailuku, Hawaii) saw his first action of the season at the MacDonald Cup. Over three rounds, he shot a 239. He finished in 72nd place.
- While Andrade leads the team in average strokes, it is by a slim margin. Junior co-captain James Widman (Middlebury, Conn.) is second with an average of 75.8 strokes through five rounds. Zychowski follows in third with 76, while fellow freshman Mike McCarthy (Tolland, Conn.) is fourth with 76.4 strokes per round.