|Hometown:||Jacksonville Beach, Fla.|
|High School:||Duncan U. Fletcher|
AS A JUNIOR IN 2012:
• Started all 11 games on the offensive line.
• Made five starts at left tackle, five starts at left guard and one start at right guard.
• Helped lead an offensive line which allowed the Crusaders to average 21.2 points and 343.5 total yards per game.
AS A SOPHOMORE IN 2011:
• Started all 11 games along the offensive line.
• Played left guard for the first nine games of the year, before moving to right tackle for the final two contests.
• Key part of an offensive line which allowed Holy Cross to average 22.9 points and 400.9 total yards per game.
• Helped Holy Cross to allow only 21 sacks all season, while the team attempted 431 passes (just one sack for every 21.5 times the team dropped back to pass).
• Made one tackle in the Lehigh game.
AS A REDSHIRT FRESHMAN IN 2010:
• Played in all 11 games on the season.
• Saw action as a backup offensive lineman and on special teams.
AS A FRESHMAN IN 2009:
• Missed the entire season due to injury, and received a medical redshirt.
• Spent one postgraduate year playing for head coach Bill Glennon at Phillips Exeter Academy in Exeter, N.H.
• Earned All-New England Prep School honors as both an offensive and defensive lineman.
• Previously played for head coach Joe Reynolds at Duncan U. Fletcher High School in Neptune Beach, Fla.
• Named second team All-State and first team All-Conference while at Fletcher.
• Served as team captain during his senior year.
• Son of Scott and Karen Bessemer.
• Has one sister (Katie).
• Majoring in Physics and Philosophy.