|Hometown:||McKees Rocks, Pa.|
• Will serve as one of the Crusaders' tri-captains in 2010.
AS A JUNIOR IN 2009:
• Earned third team All-America honors from the Sports Network.
• Named first team All-Patriot League.
• Received the Davitt Award as Holy Cross’ top defensive back, in addition to being named the WWFX Defensive Player of the Year.
• Played in 10 games on the season, starting nine times.
• Ranked second on the team with 82 total tackles, including 70 solo stops.
• Also recorded two interceptions, five pass breakups, five tackles for loss, a sack and a fumble recovery.
• Finished the season ranked seventh in the Patriot League in total tackles, interceptions and passes defended.
• Placed sixth in the NCAA football championship subdivision in solo tackles.
• Reached double-figures in tackles four times on the season, while leading the team in tackles four times.
• Posted seven solo tackles at No. 2 Villanova in the first round of the NCAA playoffs.
• Led the team with 12 total tackles at Bucknell, including a tackle for loss.
• Recorded a team-high nine solo tackles in the victory over No. 20 Lafayette to clinch the Patriot League title, in addition to intercepting a pass at the five-yard line which ended a Leopard drive in the third quarter.
• Totaled nine tackles in the win at Fordham, while recovering a fumble which he returned for 38 yards.
• Made two tackles and broke up a pass in the victory over No. 17 Colgate.
• Had five solo tackles and a sack for seven yards in the win over Dartmouth.
• Recorded 10 tackles with two tackles for loss in the victory at Northeastern.
• Led the team with 12 total tackles in the win over No. 25 Harvard, in addition to breaking up a pass.
• Posted a team-high 10 total tackles in the victory over Sacred Heart, to go along with an interception and two pass breakups.
• Made six solo tackles in the win over Georgetown, with one tackle for loss and one pass breakup.
AS A SOPHOMORE IN 2008:
• Saw action in all 11 games, starting seven times.
• Was third on the team with 66 total tackles on the year, including 53 solo stops and three tackles for loss.
• Posted two interceptions and broke up 10 passes.
• Ranked fourth in the Patriot League and 33rd in the nation in passes defended.
• Finished the season 18th in the Patriot League in total tackles.
• Totaled seven tackles, two interceptions and three pass breakups in the victory at Dartmouth.
• Recorded nine tackles and three pass breakups against Lehigh.
• Made nine tackles at Lafayette.
• Had eight tackles and two pass breakups at Colgate.
• Posted nine total tackles against UMass.
• Totaled seven tackles and a sack at Harvard.
• Made five tackles and broke up two passes against Fordham.
AS A FRESHMAN IN 2007:
• Played in 10 games as a reserve defensive back and on special teams.
• Made six tackles on the year, including five solo stops.
• Had a pair of tackles at Brown.
• Also made solo tackles against Lehigh, Bucknell, Fordham and Colgate.
• Earned first team All-Midwestern Conference honors as both a defensive back and a wide receiver.
• Named Class AA second team All-State by the Associated Press.
• Selected to the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette Fabulous 22.
• Totaled 93 tackles and four interceptions during his senior season.
• Also had 40 catches for 538 yards and seven touchdowns as a wide receiver, while averaging 22.7 yards on punt returns and 30.2 yards on kickoff returns.
• Selected as his team’s defensive Most Valuable Player.
• Also a letterwinner in both baseball and basketball, earning All-Section honors in both sports.
• Son of Dominic and Natalie DiMichele.
• Brother, Adam, played at Temple University and in the Canadian Football League, and was drafted by the Toronto Blue Jays in baseball.
• Brother, Alex, is a senior linebacker at Robert Morris University.
• Majoring in History.
|DIMICHELE'S DEFENSIVE STATISTICS|