March 17, 2009
Weekly Crusader baseball notes.
Holy Cross Baseball
Overall Record: 1-10 (0-0 PL); Last Week: 1-2
Scoreboard: Towson 10, Holy Cross 9 (12 innings), Towson, Md., 3/14
Towson 8, Holy Cross 6, Towson, Md., 3/14
Holy Cross 6, Towson 3, Towson, Md., 3/15
Schedule: Tuesday, March 17 vs. Bryant (Doubleheader), Worcester, Mass., 3:00/6:00 p.m.
Wednesday, March 18 vs. Siena, Worcester, Mass., 3:00 p.m.
Friday, March 20 vs. Yale, Worcester, Mass., 3:00 p.m.
Saturday, March 21 vs. Quinnipiac, Worcester, Mass., 12:00 p.m.
Saturday, March 21 vs. Yale, Worcester, Mass., 3:30 p.m.
Sunday, March 22 at Quinnipiac, Hamden, Conn., 1:00 p.m.
Tuesday, March 24 at Connecticut, Storrs, Conn., 3:00 p.m.
- The Holy Cross baseball team will play its first home games of the season, hosting Bryant in a doubleheader on Tuesday, March 17.
- The Crusaders picked up their first win of the season, defeating host Towson, 6-3, on Sunday, March 15. This weekend's win snapped the Crusaders' 10-game losing streak as well as the Tigers' seven-game winning streak.
- Sophomore Eric Oxford (Danvers, Mass.) led Holy Cross' offense in the win versus the Tigers with a three-run homer. In the doubleheader on Saturday, March 14, Oxford had five RBI, two home runs and a double.
- Senior Dan Seip (North Carver, Mass.) picked up the win for the Crusaders, pitching six and 2/3 innings while giving up three runs on eight hits while striking out six batters.
- Senior Jake Gorman (Norfolk, Mass.) went 6-for-10 in the doubleheader, including a 4-for-4 performance in the second game. He finished the day with three runs batted in, one home run and one double.